Music class Homework help I really don't understand this?

This is what i have so far:
please explain this to me if you can thanks
B) the first measure.

C) i don't know

D) 4
E) i don't know
F) i don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• b) 1st measure of 2nd line (the one with a quarter note and half note)
    c) a quarter note
    d) 2 beats
    e) half a beat
    f) repeat sign

hope it helps :)

This is the only 100% correct answer.

sure :) I'll help you out if I can

Thank you ^_^

What Guys Said 3

• 1st measure of second bar.
    doted half note.
    Two beats
    1/2 of a beat
    No clue, never learned that one.

Question B: The 6th measure is incorrect because it only has 3 out of 4 beats.

Question C: A dotted half note has 3 beats, making the total 4. A second quarter note, quarter rest, 2 eighth notes or for 16th notes would also work.

Question D: In music each bar has 4 beats, and is looked at as a fraction of x/4. A HALF rest takes half of the bar, so two beats.

Question E: Same idea. 1/8th of 4 beats is one half of a beat.

Those were not meant to be smiley faces, merely the 3rd and 4th letters of the alphabet.

• The time signature is in 4/4. So that means that every measure must contain 4 quarter notes or divisions and subdivisions that add up to the quality of 4 quarter notes. Every measure contains notes that add up to the quality of 4 quarter notes or a whole rest. So for Question B, the only measure (s) that doesn't add up correctly is measure 6.

For question C), you would need a quarter note to finish the measure in order to add up to the quality of 4/4.

Question D) could be multiple answers. It would be the quality of 2 quarter notes; or the quality of 4 eight notes that add up to 2 quarter notes; or the quality of 8 sixteenth notes that add up to the quality of 4 eighth notes which adds up to 2 quarter notes.

Question E) would be half of a quarter note.

Question F) is a repeat sign. Which means to repeat the entire phrase. But be careful because not all repeat signs are the same

• It's b

What Girls Said 1

• this is an etude I was required to learn wut