Why do people especially girls generalize gamer girls NEGATIVELY?

I don't understand? If a girl plays actual video games then that's that. Why be like ew she whoring in the lobby to get guys? Or girls shouldn't play because... Sexism? Jealousy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because why is there a gender in there? Why do girls feel the need to distinct themselves from other gamers by placing their gender in there? You are just a gamer, no need to put the 'girl' in there. It implies you try to get attention by putting emphasis on your gender thinking it gives you a special status since gamers are typically male and you are female. Fuck this attention grabbing bullshit, it has no place in gaming.

Most Helpful Girl

• I play video games myself and know other girls who do too, we usually play in parties on Call of Duty, haha... but there are some girls that are wanting to get guys through playing these games, which is somewhat smart because there aren't that many girls that play video games but overall dumb. Then there are the girls that are just the living definition of "video-game slut", they have no idea how the controls even work, flirts with the players via mic, and/or asks to "meet up". The girls like this amuse me and disgust me.

What Guys Said 27

• 1|2

tbh i have never met any girl who was attention seeking but i do have met guys doing it instead. and yeah of course it's ur opinion lol

I'm not a gamer myself, but funny enough, I just saw a friend of mine post those two links on facebook, and then 5 mins later I see this question. I just had to.

lmfao best coincidence

• Because of the girl on the right:

www.gamingangels.com/.../...iwycO1qbwx29o1_500.jpg

• Eh, I like it. I like gaming and would love to find a girl I could play MMOs or RTSes or whatever other type of game with.

I don't like the girls that get all crazy about games and start yelling and stuff, but I don't like guys that do that either. Obnoxious is obnoxious.

And let's not forget about the girl that plays Candy Crush, and calls herself a gamer...

@asker It's more like ProbablyTooMature said, they play a lot on their mobiles... and yeah..

@mikemx55 I guess lol?

• I don't get that mindset. I think girls who play videogames are cool.

Like fart said: gammer girls > party girls.

• I think it's cute a girl is a gamer , honestly i think some guys get jealous cause they will get beat by the girl. I saw some where on Television this father gave
    his son hell for getting rude with this girl while they were gaming. Some guys
    are immature is why these things happen why they get rude with gamer girls.

• My girlfriend is a gamer, and I'm fine with it. She's a little older than you, but either way, do what you like. :)

• I've never generalized them in that way, they're fun to play with and decent change from the kids that are normally online. Though I'd be lying if I did say it was to make the troll kids cry.

• who gives a damn, if its something you like than its no ones business. just brush them haters off for being the idiots they are.

• I don't understand it. I guess it probably just comes from gaming industry being so male-dominated for the majority of it's existence.

For me, a girl MUST be a gamer to be date-able!

I don't even use the term "gamer girl", I just refer to "gamer".

• Different point of view maybe they think it's un lady like. Anybody with half a brain would know this isn't true. it is not subjective they are either dumb or acting like it.

• My best friend is a gamer girl XD I love games too, playing them since i was a child... I was labeled negatively as well like being called a nerd , geek , kid who plays games etc,, But i do agree girls get even more hate.
    Nothing to do about it , just do what you like to do and ignore people who calls you lets say a nolifer but in same time they spend 24/7 on facebook or something smh.

• I'm a big gamer myself and I don't think it's wrong for girls to be gamers, in fact I respect every girls and yes even if she is a real whore sleep with men for money I don't find her less than other woman or any person but that's not the case, I think that everything that guys are allowed to do so girls allowed too, if video games is wrong for girls then it should be wrong for guys too...
    I actually want my dream girl to be gamer as me.

• To many of us guys, many gamer girls come off as trying too hard to be "one of the guys" so it put's us off.

To other guys, gaming is a "boys only" thing. It's sad.

what's wrong with playing passionately or trying hard lol?

It leaves many guys thinking; "Okay we get it, you wish you could trade your vagina for a dick. Just please shut up."

• It'd be like me basing my entire identity on being British. It's annoying.
    ... Wait...

• People like that aren't worth worrying about. They are the types who have their head in their butt. So most of what they have to say is going to be crap.

Ignore the occasional craps ya encounter and life will be all the better.

• Girl gamer > party girl

• Who ever says you're meant to understand? Play the game, that's what your objective is, no?

I don't understand why another human being would criticize a female for playing games. It's just a hobby.

Some human beings like to talk a lot. Attend to your hobby with no fucks given.

• I don't think bad about gamer girls, instead I love them. Also my friends love them, don't think they are playing to get guys.

• Often times, it's probably a generalization that the girls only "play" games to attract attention from guys.

• I guess cuz a lot of girls are playing games on their phone, which are still games and see them selfs as 'gamer girls' but thats not what guys count as a gamer girl.

• Yeah its weird I think a lot of girls think that some girls just play to get closer to guys.

• I don't understand this either. A girlfriend who plays games would instantly complete my life. 😍

• Fuck I would love it if I could find women to play video games with LOL, like that would be awesome.

• What games you play thoughhhh

• Then look for guys: they would love to have a girlfriend that plays games too.

• it's how it is.

• because they expose themselves on streams
    and get paid for it

basically a whore for money

what do you mean? Are you saying the stupid stereotype of slutty girls fucking a controller or the youtubers?

no most of the gamer girls show titty and dress a certain way
      and the dumbass 12 year olds actually give them money cause there dumb
      the older guys don't give them crap

its so stupid

What Girls Said 6

• I really don't know. Every guy I've ever dated thinks gamer girls are awesome and I've even had to compete with gamer chicks for guys before. But I think a lot of our parents' generation has a view that women need to be pretty, delicate little creatures who spend their time primping and reading chick lit.

• Because people are assholes

• I dont
    to me they seem like badass tomboys or something

• I've actually never experienced this. SO.

• It's similar to whoring, that's why. They aren't attractive enough to get a guy, so they spread their legs/play video games to get the attention of desperate losers. It's pathetic.

• I've never really come across that. I've only heard people talking about it, never seen it directly in like 15 years of being addicted to games lol