Do I have the right to say that I never was a gamer?

I really feel ashamed for being a gamer once, and even more ashamed that I started again playing when I was 20. I stopped when I was 14, but started again when I turned 20.

This summer, after 4 years I stopped once and for all, and I don't want to touch any video-game console again. Hope this time I will keep my word, and don't start again later, like I did when I was 20.

But if someone asked me about video-games, I will claim that I never had played in my life not even once. Do I have the right to say this? And will they believe me?

• Yes
    20% (1)38% (3)31% (4)Vote
  • No
    80% (4)62% (5)69% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Uuuuh gamers rule. What the fuck is there to be ashamed of?

I am the CONFIRMED sniper queen!

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...46417674_n.jpg

#dataccuracydoe

Saying you're ashamed of being a gamer is like being ashamed of having an awesome, fun time! Be proud!

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I view it more like a bad addiction like drugs. Yes I admit I had a good and fun time, but the same thing happens when you are on drugs. You feel high.

So if you were a drug user, would you feel proud for being on drugs once?

• 1mo

I'm not "addicted" to gaming, but it is more on the harmless side, if it doesn't stop you from living a healthy happy life then it's kosher.

Crack on the other hand is a little different.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have the right to state any true and uninsulting preference you have.
    What do you do for fun instead, btw?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I take walks around my area.

• Show All
    • 1mo

Yes it is. I met some girls also that way.

• 1mo

Girls are always fun. lol 😉

What Girls Said 4

• Why would you be ashamed of it?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I don't know exactly but I feel really bad about it. But essentially I was raised with video-games since I started to play when I was like 6-7. It wasn't my fault though. I was so small then, to judge wether it was right or wrong.

• Show All
    • 1mo

Then get an outside hobby as well and expand your interests

• 1mo

Yeah I take walks.

• This use why I hate the gaming/ "nerd" community. They look down on you for not being a hardcore fan. Its alright that you're a casual gamer. Just shows you had better things to do than sit on your ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you so embarrassed about it though? It's just entertainment.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I rather walking around my town during my free time, than staying at home and playing a shitty game, that will offer me nothing.

• 1mo

Why not both? I do both. Nothing bad about that.

• No because you'd be lying. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Just be honest.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• You are what you are. You like what you like. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Were you really addicted to playing them non-stop for hours, days, week or even months? If so maybe you just have to work on time management, have a work-play balance in life and that will all be fine.

I don't understand why you would feel ashamed of enjoying what you liked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because it's not big deal. Who the hell would care if you were or not. I'm in the same position I'm tired of losing to these f's online so I did the only honerable thing to stop playing and hate them..

0|1
    0|0
  • why ashamed of it?

dude i love slaying demons.

1|0
    0|0