Do I have the right to say that I never was a gamer?

I really feel ashamed for being a gamer once, and even more ashamed that I started again playing when I was 20. I stopped when I was 14, but started again when I turned 20.

This summer, after 4 years I stopped once and for all, and I don't want to touch any video-game console again. Hope this time I will keep my word, and don't start again later, like I did when I was 20.

But if someone asked me about video-games, I will claim that I never had played in my life not even once. Do I have the right to say this? And will they believe me?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Uuuuh gamers rule. What the fuck is there to be ashamed of?

I am the CONFIRMED sniper queen!

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...46417674_n.jpg

#dataccuracydoe

Saying you're ashamed of being a gamer is like being ashamed of having an awesome, fun time! Be proud!

I view it more like a bad addiction like drugs. Yes I admit I had a good and fun time, but the same thing happens when you are on drugs. You feel high.

So if you were a drug user, would you feel proud for being on drugs once?

I'm not "addicted" to gaming, but it is more on the harmless side, if it doesn't stop you from living a healthy happy life then it's kosher.

Crack on the other hand is a little different.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have the right to state any true and uninsulting preference you have.
    What do you do for fun instead, btw?

I take walks around my area.

Yes it is. I met some girls also that way.

Girls are always fun. lol 😉

What Girls Said 4

• Why would you be ashamed of it?

I don't know exactly but I feel really bad about it. But essentially I was raised with video-games since I started to play when I was like 6-7. It wasn't my fault though. I was so small then, to judge wether it was right or wrong.

Then get an outside hobby as well and expand your interests

Yeah I take walks.

• This use why I hate the gaming/ "nerd" community. They look down on you for not being a hardcore fan. Its alright that you're a casual gamer. Just shows you had better things to do than sit on your ass

• Why are you so embarrassed about it though? It's just entertainment.

I rather walking around my town during my free time, than staying at home and playing a shitty game, that will offer me nothing.

Why not both? I do both. Nothing bad about that.

• No because you'd be lying. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Just be honest.

What Guys Said 3

• You are what you are. You like what you like. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Were you really addicted to playing them non-stop for hours, days, week or even months? If so maybe you just have to work on time management, have a work-play balance in life and that will all be fine.

I don't understand why you would feel ashamed of enjoying what you liked.

• Yes because it's not big deal. Who the hell would care if you were or not. I'm in the same position I'm tired of losing to these f's online so I did the only honerable thing to stop playing and hate them..

• why ashamed of it?

dude i love slaying demons.