How do you feel about the Cartoon Network remakes?

So far I've found recent remakes of Teen Titans, Power Puff Girls, and Scooby Doo. I don't normally like remakes, because all they do is take away from the shows I used to watch as a kid, and they're usually made dumber. I absolutely HATE Teen Titans Go. It may be more bearable if they played the old along side the new, but they don't, and that breaks my heart. My siblings will grow up with a totally redone version of my favorite childhood shows, and they won't even realize that there was a better original behind it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't remember the old Teen Titans series and I like the new one but I hate the new Powerpuff Girls but I had seen some of the original series. I guess it is down to what you remember and the emotions you tied to each. To have memories we created during our childhood changed can cause negative effects.

I prefer the old Teen Titans because it was way more serious. Robin was a good leader, Raven was a half demon struggling to find the good in herself, Starfire was a lovable alien girl who tried her hardest to fit in on Earth, Cyborg was pretty much a badass with major tech skills, and Beastboy was still sort of like the new character, but he was also more serious in the show.

What Guys Said 18

• I don't like remakes in general but I did watch the Bugs Bunny remake (forget what the show is actually called) and it was actually pretty funny. I enjoyed it. Not as good as the original still but enjoyed it enough to keep watching it and a few times after.

• I am telling you Cartoon Network has been fucking up for the last damn decade and a half with all these dumbed down cartoons. The either cancel or remake what used to be a really cool show into these moronic shows just to appeal to a niche' crowd.

• Yeah the older Teen Titans show was awesome. I also love the original Scooby Doo. I like up to the stuff done up to The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo and some movies after that. I think my favorite is Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School.

• Ugh remakes give me the originals anyday of the week, remakes now a days are to politically and socially motivated and driven, ruins the entire thing.

Besides in general remakes are rarely ever at the same caliber or better then the originals.

• Now that you mention it Teen Titans was once of the more interesting cartoons with what I recall to be a great plot. Now it's just a random story for each episode with comeplete nonsense.

• old shows of cartoon network was wayy better and awesome. but im still curious to watch the remake of "Samurai Jack"

Me too! But that's being done from Adult Swim, not Cartoon Network, so he should still be as bad ass as we all remember him.

i hope he will be the same bad ass as he was before

• This is actually exactly how the previous generation feels about the shit we watch. Sooooo in reality society's just progressing onwards

It's progressing badly in my opinion. I would have LOVED a Teen Titans remake, and I was insanely excited for it. Then I watched the first episode... it's a bunch of randomness and dumbed down logic that younger generations will now be watching and considering quality.

• The PPG remakes would be better with the original voice actors. TTG is awful. I prefer Disney XD and The Loud House on Nick over the newer stuff on CN

• Terrible. Absolutely terrible. Not nearly as creative, and also drawn very poorly. I actually find them insulting.

• I wish the original Teen Titans was still on. Originals 9 times out of 10 are better than remakes. I don't mind the remakes though. They're just more childish.

• I hate Teen Titans Go, it kinda dumb how the stories don't make sense and seem thrown together. Haven't watched the new Scooby Doo cartoon or Power Puff Girls.

• haven't seen them, but pretty much every remake of cartoons I've watched as a kid made me wanna puke

• I don't watch any of them.

• What I miss from late Cartoon Network is space ghost. Miss all the older cartoons

• teen titans go was horrible!!! I hated it.

• I used to watch all of them, but now the new Remakes are a waste😢

• in most cases the original was better.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 3

• TT PPG are fucked. It's garbage. Thankfully I never liked scooby do. However there are plans to continue TT where the series left off in it's original format with it's original voice actors.

• I don't like it at all. They messed it up completely

• Agreed they all suck besides the Scooby-Doo one!