Will there ever be a movie about the soviets vs the invading nazis?

That would be the most badass of all the movies. Why do all late war movies need americans in them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Expand your search to include foreign films.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• Because the movie are made by Americans

What Guys Said 8

• Instead of answering your question, I'll let you dwell on that question a little more. I believe that you SHOULD be able to come up with the answer yourself if you do just a wee bit of thinking.

This isn't a political question. Don't be an asshole.

Not sure how you turned the word "audiences" into me personally.
      I'm a film student, my favorite films are No Country for Old Men, Brazil, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Psycho, and It's a Wonderful Life. You won't find many other people my age with those films in their top 5.

I also am going by my film and TV business professor in saying audiences want names they recognize and action. Obviously there are more tools in marketing (romance, scifi, comedy) but not with war movies. That's what will make war movies popular with the general audience: big name actors and action.

Also movies like Patton still exist, but they are art projects, not money makers. Just look at Bridge of Spies, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Immitation Game. I think my point still stands, a movie about Nazi Germany vs The Soviet Union would make for an intense and raw war film.

I agree about names although many an unknown got discovered from starring in 1 role. Sigourney Weaver is a good example of that. That was a huge gamble by Fox to have her be the lead... and a female, no less... in 1979's Alien.

• 0|1

They effed it up with a love story. I guess that's why they haven't. Because hollywood effs everything up with love stories
      *cough pearl Harbor cough*

I've never seen it. I just know that it's about Russians.

Yea it's a love triangle movie. I try to pretend it doesn't exist XD

• I am sure there are plenty of Russian movies about it.

• There are many russian made movies about it. Stalingrad is one of these movies. Very good movie, i recommend it.

• Because they are better

• Because movies are made in Hollywood, which is located in... the USA

• 0|1
  • You mean Stalingrad? With the Russian sniper?