Is this a good pic?

I took this pic like a year ago. There is this competition in photography called: resume the world in one pic.
now I didn t have time to try new pics but I remember having this one.
The idea here is that life offers you several windows and opportunities that would merge into your future. each choice equal with pros/cons and a new experience.
So do you think this is sort off gd or meh?
is this a good pic?

1mo bump

Most Helpful Guy

• I took a contemporary art class for my general ed. I had to come up with these deep open-ended analyses on the most random shit. Half of the time I'd send a text to my stoner friends and they would give me some ideas. I'll give it my best shot and shoot you some questions that could maybe give you fresh perspective on the idea you are trying to convey.
    memecrunch.com/.../image.gif?w=500&c=1
    ___

>It all leads to the same place.. what is to be described at the end of tunnel.. just death? Or could you describe it as as reaching a goal.. content with your state of mind.. pursuit of happiness all that phaggy shit.

>I can depict a little bit of flaws in each and every one of them. Does the sole interpretation of that have sequential order, and if so, is it top in comparison to bottom? Are they differential with sustained outcome?

>Would you differentiate top and bottom in correlation to socioeconomic status and opportunity... and if so, why?

>What do the holes represent? Do they signify a wrong path or do they signify imperfection in every path?

>The outskirt have the most imperfections, could you describe this to be the outcast of society and life?

>Is this a continuous cycle of taking a new path time and time again? If so, from a purely logical standpoint, the most effective route would be to enter a new path from the back after taking your first. Is there any correlation between the two, from a chronological stance?

>Remembering from a class I studied about electricity...

An electrical current will flow through all paths, the greater amount of current is always flowing through the lowest-resistance route. Most of the time when people say "electricity takes the path of least resistance," they're referring to a circumstance where the routes differ a great amount in resistance, maybe I could compare it to a wet hand vs air gap. When one route has a significant difference in resistance, almost all of the current will flow through the other route.

This could make for a decent analogy depending on where your interpretation stands.

Hoping these questions broke down the solidity in your original interpretation and gave you some new ideas. Solidity should be ignored when trying to face projects like these because art is an abstract concept, polar opposite of logical reasoning. But ayyy.. still compared it to electrical currents.

hahahaha lmfao XD
      you re great man thanks!

All I did was establish a visual by looking at it from an analytical perspective. My mind looks at her interpretation in the sense of conjecture. It's frail from my point of view because it stems only on the basis of feelings. In other words, I'm trying to add logical pieces to the puzzle that make sense to me.. I noticed flaws and disparities throughout. After that, I sort of created a mental list of each and everyone one of them. Then I attempted to individually infer them back to her interpretation with solidity by adhering logic into an analogy. I get brain anxiety and shit by trying to think like that lmao. This is my way or sort of naturally fixing it to where I'm mentally comfortable enough to depict. Like.. religion makes my brain uncomfortable for this reason to and this is why I'm agnostic. Yeah I'm rambling.. I think you get what I'm trying to say though.

Ugh my mind /= after reading all that.

Haha no deep doesn't necessarily mean poetic, more often then that deep refers to but isn't restricted to being of a philosophical or life lesson nature, deep often relating to those topics through deep and or critical/creative thinking.

Lol I find this somewhat humorous because I'm the artistic one yet I give the few worded example.

Personally I just see it as a cage, but the question is are you the prisoner inside or outside? and are you the guy who put the prisoner in there?

Lol just think of religion as pie you can either take it and eat it or put it to the side.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, when I think about this picture in terms of opportunities/life decisions/etc, I find it pretty depressing.

I mean... Every single track leads into the same chute of light at the end.
    So, the picture seems to be saying (to me):
    "Look, all this shit about yr own personal identity, and about finding yr place/niche in the world, is really just bullshit -- you're headed toward the same fate in the end, no matter what you do."

•___________________•

Like yeah, srsly... the picture seems to say "None of yr life decisions really matter in the end, because it's all going to turn out the same no matter what you do."

... sad.

__

BEFORE I read yr description, I saw the picture and thought of metalwork blocking the air duct leading to/from a prison cell.

Like...
    ... You can escape from the cell, **IF** you figure out how to improvise a tool that will cut through the metalwork, AND **IF** you put in the sheer effort and time to actually cut through it, AND **IF** you can hide yr efforts from the prison guards long enough to not get caught before you escape.

In that sense, it's sort of like the way I look at life. You CAN get out of whatever negative situation you find yrself in -- but, it might require tools that you have to build yrself, AND you might have to keep yr own efforts at self-improvement secret from various people.

you re not the first to mention it XD
      dunno why I am more optimistic than most of y'all lol
      even in a depressing pic apparently I find it motivating haha
      anw thanks for your input and effort ^^

• 22d

ya wlc ^^
      I got 3rd place ^^

What Guys Said 42

• i like pic in the update more. i think it is more powerful without seeing the edges of the object but having the object occupy the entire space

• The more focused one (the second) is better. Draws the viewer into your idea better. I think it's not bad in that the pic will have different meanings of how life is for different individuals. Black and white is always good for abstract photography.

• I don't like it. It makes you look fat.

• Hmmmm. I don't know. I have to be honest , this fills me with a sort of... emptiness than hope O. O
    I feel like there's suppose to be something there but it's just hollow.

no thanks I prefer honesty lol that s why I invited you.
      the idea is that there is light on the other side.
      what you re saying it would have been better to have a scenery behind it yea? I can t do that now anymore of course haha.
      but I like it minimalist too :P

Now that wouldn't be fair would it ;P
      using me to win competitions

*not narcissistic*

lmfao you d be my muse XD

• It's intriguing... the perspective is hard to get so it puts the mind to work :D
    I'm not certain if it would do good in a photo competition but it has its funtion as eye catcher for sure :D

why not? :P

alrighty
      I might straighten it

Good plan, you'll win the competition since your pic will stand out "what did she photograph?".
      No ducks, chicks or muscular men, but construction material :D
      Thinking out of the box often works!

• I like the idea a lot!
    Except in that case, whatever window you choose, you end up in the same place xD

Just trolling. I think it is great.!

thanks ^^

Try to get it either perfectly framed, with everything in perfect symetry (or just crop and tilt that one :D but it will lose quality)

OR do it tilted and not symetric on purpose, and explain that in the text. Saying that life doesn't always look perfect as we would like it to be. That's life. ;)

Lol 😂

• It looks alright. Try to go to some parks, you might get more inspired.
    This photo looks good, but not good enough, you captured the features of todays reality. More effort means more results, do few other clicks and you might have the photo you are after.

• I think it's a very creative take on your topic and also a great interpretation given the industrial nature of the subject, or items photographed. I suppose you could also say that despite the appearance, or obvious over-use or damage of some of the windows, they lead to the same place in the end... so, who's to say that someone's path in life is wrong... it's just their path and we are constantly presented with multiple opportunities or options and choices in life...

well said ^^

I don t like my face shape XD

I meant your picture of the 'windows'! And I don't see anything wrong with your face shape... divine!

• Meh... I understand the idea behind it, I just don't feel like the picture captures that. If you had a bunch of metal tubing that had some shine to it and you had a landscape of something like blue sky with clouds or sunshine with a tree and grass or something like that all being dissected into separate images with different colors of light being reflected off the metal then maybe...

• It would be perfect if you were to cut out the corners so that we couldn't see the white background.

• That should work quite well for something you already have handy.

• lmfao all I see is steel box tubing, sorry dear.

Engineers and art...

• Yeah - I like the idea behind it

• When I see it I think about Trypophobia but maybe it reflect the fear of future.
    People nowadays earn all choices into them but anxious to choose one of it.

• in regards to the topic of the competition i find this pick rather bad. like what is your reasoning for it fitting the topic?

• ' Life is the endless desire to escape your pigeonhole and into the joyous unknown of the light...'

• I'm like the worst person possible to ask for this sort of thing lol, as I'm not an artsy fartsy kinda person. now given that, this picture tells me that no matter which window/door you choose, you end up in the same place

• Reminds me more of cage then a window but its a nice picture none the less.

hmm :/
      do you think I should align it or leave it like that
      and you ve seen the cropped one?

I think it's fine the way it is.

And yeah I saw both of em.

• Its good. I see it as you have all the obstacles and pathways to get to the top.

• all i see is a stack of steel but i am a welder lol

• Cmon you can do better.

• thats cool, makes life look more like a jail cell to me though :D

:o DX

yeah :D its like you're stuck behind the bars, obstacles, whatever they may be, and what you want is on the other side.. sort of represents the human state of constantly yearning for more, wanting what we dont have, pretty cool too though

to me it responds to the topic perfectly, just not in the way you. meant it to

• I like it especially the light above like "hope, opportunity", never seen such picture before so I think you will do good in the competition with this one.

• Honestly
    Meh
    Sorry

• Its nice I like it

• yeah it looks pretty awesome

• Yup it's a good pic !! :-) you go girl!

• It's an ok pic but the message it sends me is that life is a prison that we are trapped in hoping one day to get to the light and be free.

that s depressive :P
      you re not the first to mention it

so since the meaning can go in 2 different ways the it all depends on how the person interacts with it. and he projects his own mood thinking into it right?
      that makes it highly subjective

Yep precisely

• I'm leaning to the meh side.

Picture isn't intriguing/interesting. Quite boring actually.

• Looks like a pile of steel beams

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 16

• i really love the idea...

• I love the picture itself, it's so intriguing and interesting. I liked it even better when you explained it.

• At first glance, I didn't think much of the photo until you explained it further, and after I read it, I think it's great -- a simple image that carries a deeper meaning. And yes, the cropped version is much better. 👍 Hope the results of the competition are in your favour.

• As the picture how it is, it does nothing for me. With some editing I think it could look better.

• It's meh. Kind of cool but I think you should focus on the center more and possibly play with the lighting of the picture to make it more dramatic.

• I like it. The play of lines and light is nice and the B/W accentuates it.

• That's good. Really good. Each channel has the end in the light. Everyone can select their own way. Fighting in their path until facing the light.
    Good meaning and good representation. : D

• Looks cool to me.

• That's fabulous! Go girl

• Looks kind of creepy, but it's cool. :)

• I think it looks cool. You're gorgeous by the way, You are so pretty 💋 love your eyes

• I LOVE the cropped one
    It's just amazing

• i like it :)

• Cool!!!

• I like the idea behind it!

thanks XD
      your opinion matters cs you re into art

Hahaha
      Thank you!
      But are you allowed to explain the idea behind otherwise I'm not sure if everyone would get it.
      And a tip for the next time; its important that the object that you're photographing is parallel to the frame of the picture (if that's makes any sense).

yea we need to add a description
      and I know! it s sort off bugging me too
      but I took it last year in a rush so didn t really take a proper angle
      and I don t have much time to work on a new pic nor do I have the equipment or skills to make it decent enough.
      so I thought an abstract one would do best in this case

• Rather see u in a new pix.
    Shelves R just Ok.