I can't remember the name of this book?

I remember reading this series of picture books when I was in elementary school. I know one of them was about a boy and his grandpa and his grandpa was telling him a story.
-I feel like the story was about when he was his grandson's age.
-I also remember part of the story taking place in a house and the kid or the grandpa as a kid was wandering around.
-I am pretty sure either the author or illustrator's name was Steven or Stephen.
-illustration in cartoony kind of style

If anyone has any ideas of who the author or illustrator is or knows which books I'm talking about, please help!!!

1mo They are picture books, not chapter books.

Most Helpful Guy

• In a house haha, yeah thats not much to go on.. Reddit has a 'name that movie/song' so they might have a book subreddit as well.

• 5d

I randomly remembered it yesterday! James Stevenson is the name. I looked it up and he wrote and illustrated What's Under My Bed?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• I googled for a writer of child books with the name Steven of Stephan and this may help you - Stephen Hawking:
    http://www.hawking.org.uk/books.html
    Just a guesstimate haha :D

Hahaha nope

• 5d

• 5d

I see! Don't think he's well known in Europe, I've never heard the name :o

• I don't know, probably this book isn't available where I live :(

• 5d

• 5d

So I confirmed what I suspected, this book isn't really available where I live.

• Sounds like Shel Silverstone.

Nope not Shel Silverstein

• 5d

What Girls Said 6

• Possibly "The Eleventh Plague," by Jeff Hirsch.
    Pull this up and see if this Might be it. Fits this description with a Series as well, @falafelany1
    Good luck. xx

• I might be able to figure it out with better descriptions. Like what age? Picture books is a broad term and literally means a book with pictures in it, so technically Junie B. Jones would qualify. Also, do you know if it was just one book the boy and grandpa lived together or was it the entire series? And what did the characters look like?

I read it when I was I guess between 1st and 3rd grade. I can't remember if the Grandpa was in all the books. By picture book I mean there were no chapter.

• 5d

• 5d

I remember that book!

• I have no idea sry

• 5d

• Sorry I got no clue

• 5d

• 5d

That's so good!

• Sorry, I don't know

• Grandpa Green, or Grandpa and Bo?

Nope but thanks!

• 5d