Why do cheerleaders even exist in the NFL?

Like seriously why do they exist? They just stand there with their butts hanging out and the camera is barely ever on them
they don't even make that much money...
this is a serious question
like no one pays attention to them

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, they were originally part of the marching bands of the teams. 26 of 32 teams have them and whilst you do think they are needed, they provide a great service to their communities helping with charity events and other gatherings. Many of them are in college while they cheer so even though they don't make much (federal minimum), they often only stay for 1 to 4 seasons. The cheerleaders also help to bring morale and support to soldiers overseas with different shows and stuff they do worldwide.
    I do understand your point though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to be a cheerleader. We sucked 😏, and on top of that, we don't get much attention like you said.

I don't even know why cheerleaders exist in the first place. Being one is a waste if time. 😆😂😆

At least that is what I think. We all have different opinions. 😆😊

• 9d

Thank you for the MHO! 😊🙋

What Guys Said 6

• I think they are a distraction for all the breaks in the games

• If you have good seats ypu get to see them and it is nice. They also to special events. They have also come up to VIP areas and it is great, they are so sweet. There is probably a lot that you don't see with them.

• How dare they.. it's so objectifying to women.. Smfh.

• Sex sells

that would be true if people tuned into the game to see them but that isn't the case

im guilty of watching it for the ass lol

@Table20 wow lol so shallow you shitlord

• Yeah, I agree. I've watched the tv show Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (because it's hot), and I don't get why they take it so serious... nobody really pays attention to them, I kinda feel bad 'cause they work so hard...

• Jealous much?

Nah, I don't even notice them honestly

Just sayin'

What Girls Said 1

• yeah i dont rlly see the point in being an NFL cheerleader. And I've been a cheerleader since the 3rd grade so its been a major part of my entire life and i could never see myself wanting to cheer for the NFL. Id much rather have an actual career tbh.