What were some song lyrics you misunderstood when you heard them?

When I heard Presly's"Hound Dog," I thought he was singing...

You ain't nothing but a hound dog!
Dying all the time.

As a child of four or so this made some sense to me, since hound dogs looked sad and pathetic, almost like they were dying.

Most Helpful Girl

• In Radioactive when they say,"Make my systems blow." I thought they said, "Make my sister moan." 😅

Most Helpful Guy

• There's this song - Bad Moon Rising by CCR. I heard it on the radio during one of my scouting trips.

Don't go around tonight. It's bound to take your life.
    There's a bathroom on the right!

*nods*
    sounds reasonable enough.
    Them roadtrip leaks.

What Girls Said 1

• Probably The Beatles' "I Am the Walrus" and "Come Together".

What did you think they said?

I can't remember since I first heard the songs when I was around 6 or so, but I didn't understand a lot of the words from I Am the Walrus. Near the end, I think I thought it said "everybody's got one", but then my mom said that they say "everybody smoke pot". I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter, lol.

What Guys Said 5

• I think the classic example is "wrapped up like a douche, another runner in the night." From Mannfred Mann's cover of Blinded By The Light.

I love that song. Reminds me of Ohio.

I hear that's a common misunderstanding for that one.

There was a one hit wonder in the 80s that you might remember. Red Rider. They had a hit with Lunatic Fringe, which, when I first heard it, sounded like "wanna take French". Dumb, I know, but that's what I heard.

• I can't think of one personally but the one of the most famous ones was The Beatles "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", John says he was inspired by his son's crayon drawing but many decided it was a drug reference (LSD).

• Gucci Mane is the artist. I'm a Star is the name of the song. If you hear it you world ask yourself how the hell this guy got a deal.

• Clocks by Coldplay. Seriously I cannot understand that man half the time.

• Excuse me, while I kiss this guy Jimi Hendrix
    I like big butts in a can of limes Sir mix a lot
    Might as well face it, you're a dick with a glove Robert Palmer
    I'm so passe Iggy Azelia
    I'll never leave your pizza burnin' Rolling Stones