Is leaning guitar hard?

Or take a lot of time , and what's the difference between a normal guitar and an electric guitar

Most Helpful Girl

• It's easy. As long as your dexterity is good.
    Also - you always start with an acoustic and work your way down to the electric because that one is easier to play.

Most Helpful Guy

• have you ever played a musical instrument? it's certainly easier if you are familiar with reading music

but generally speaking it isn't very hard to start to learn but becoming good just requires lots of practice. the difference between a accoustic "normal" guitar and electric is that one doesn't need to be plugged in but has a natural amplication system due the hollowed body.

the hardest part for me a was learning to move from chord to chord and changing the finger positions. but again with practice it can be done relatively easy.

electric guitars can be easier because it's easier to get your fingers down on the fret board; however i think it's really better to learn to play on an accoustic guitar

in my opinion like most things the ease of learning the skill is your desire to learn. if you really want to play and are willing to put in the time it will come along quickly

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 10

• It depends on how musical you are and how much work you put in I suppose. I know a lot of people who play the guitar, they have never seemed to comment on it being particularly hard or easy.

• learning three chords is easy so you can join oasis but learning to play like hendrix takes a little more talent ;)

• Yes. It takes a lot of patience and practice. You have to push through obstacles without losing confidance.

Acoustic vs electric? Apart from the sound? Electric comes in way more crazy shapes and sizes but the tuning, and way to play it still remains the same for a standard 6 string.

• normal guitar use fingers mainly, It is very important to create rich and colorful music. So you wanna be cool playing electric guitar
    You wanna wonderful music playing classical guitar.

• Actually learning how to play a guitar wasn't that hard. What's hard is perfecting whatever song you're trying to play.

• Yeah absolutely. It takes a while and some are a natural learner

• No, but it's hard to be a master at it

• On electric guitar you use some techniques that you don't use on acoustic, e. g. Bending

• I can play a little bit but I just can't get the chords because my fingers aren't flexible.

• No I dont think so