Reading a my take on overrated singers and bands?

Had to laugh, Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, mariah Carey and Lionel Ritchie overrated?

as opposed to whom? Overrated cRap artists that swear through every song?

Even Cher got classed as overrated.

Todays music is what I class as overrated, Justin Beiber, anything done by a Disney star and even those from karaoke shows such as pop idol. Manufactured rubbish to make our ears bleed is overrated. Leona Lewis and one direction spring to mind.

but to call people who can/could actually sing and write their own songs overrated is hilarious.

who do you think is overrated in music today?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bob Dylan as a singer is very overrated, even though his writing is awesome. Others are: Mariah Carey, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton, and to a lesser extent Whitney Houston.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• People overage the shit outta 70s and 80s rock bands like Metallica, Pink Floyd, Guns N' Roses and shit like that. In terms of today's music, drake (because he can't write lyrics for shit and he's as soft as diarrhea) and that fuckboy, The Weeknd. That squidward house looking fuckhead isn't even good

• I agree music these days sucks only a handful of real talented musicians
    But i have to say out of todays music i think john mayer is grossly UNDERRATED
    Dude is one of the best guitar players of all time he wrotes his own shit and he retaught himself how to sing all of his songs differently after he has that medical thing with his vocal corwds
    Add on top of that that you can clearly hear how his sound improves from album to album

But yea i agree the people you listed shouldn't be labeled as overrated... except maybe whitney but thats debatable
    And musicians these days are pretty shotty for the most part yea

• Nirvana, Doors, basically any classic rock.

A lot of shitty metalcore and nu metal bands get more praise than they deserve.

I disagree; I think metalcore and nu metal bands are routinely underrated.

@FallOutBoy2001 Bullet For My Valentine, Bring Me The Horizon, Linkin Park, Asking Alexandria, Deftones, Slipknot, Suicide Silence, etc.

I know some of those might fall under "deathcore" or whatever, but I don't listen to or care enough about those bands to differentiate them.

I kinda like Bullet For My Valentine, BMTH, and Linkin Park (the last one is way overrated and overplayed) because they're fun to sing/scream along with, but Suicide Silence (Mitch Lucker era) was pretty good.

• Florence and the machine for life

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with you! I think that overrated singers are for example Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and maybe Rihanna. And probably some more.

• Mariah Carey is overrated, but the others aren't. And I agree, pretty much everyone you listed plus most classic rock bands are complete garbage. That's why the music I listen to in my car goes from like the 40's-early 2000's lol