What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never read the hunt for red October but I can't imagine how the book could be better then the movie.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• The Short Timers by Gustav Hasford... a Vietnam War book , which Stanley Kubrick used as the cornerstone of Full Metal Jacket , another one of his masterpieces. One of the best ( and most caustic & hilarious !! ) openers ever to a movie. R Lee Ermey was a technical adviser , until Kubrick cast him , being a former USMC Senior Drill Instructor into THIS role after watching his perfect unscripted tirades on the recruits...

https://youtu.be/3j3_iPskjxk

• I will go back to "Shane" (1953) with Alan Ladd which was an adaptation of the Jack Schaefer novel of 1949.

• Lord of the Rings, Shawshank Redemption, or Fight Club. The only three that have lived up to the books, or surpassed them (Fight Club surpassed its book)

• The Princess Bride

• Jaws
    The only one that comes to mind where the movie makes the book look like shit

• Phantom Of The Opera

• I dont have the patience to read, i wish I did, however.

• "The Lost Room"

• The Notebook! Nah, just kidding. Really none. The movies are always a disappointment..

• The movie---"THE SECRET

• A movie called Adaptation, adapted from the book, The Orchid Thief.

• harry potthad

What Girls Said 4

• Hawaii

• Harry Potter

• lord of the rings and harry potter

• As a kid harriet the spy