Question for anyone interested in fantasy art, does it ever bother you when fairies, angels and mermaids are drawn with/without clothes?

VS

• I prefer without clothes
  • I prefer with clothes
  • It doesn't matter to me either way
  • It doesn't matter to me either way as long as their "privates" aren't showing
  • results

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• It doesn't bother me either way however it would be more logical to not have clothes since fairies are nature spirits (doesn't really seem to be a group that would wear clothing), mermaids live in the water so clothing would be useless in most every function and angels, well according to actual lore most don't even look human so I don't think it would matter. However I understand that not every one wants to draw/paint butt naked people and it doesn't always create the image and feeling they wish to invoke so I understand why they would take artistic liberties with it.

• I love nudity and think the body is a work of art on its own

• No because it makes the most sense for them to be drawn that way.

• With gives more detail.
    Being naked isn't in of it's self sexual.
    Its more realistic possibly since they may find it hard to go shopping or to make cloves that look like that.
    It doesn't bother me but it shows more artistic talent to draw them with those cloves on and they do look more interesting

• I would say with clothes - I think their nudity takes away from their story if you know what I mean

• It doesn't bother me, but I prefer them with clothes.

• I think naked is fine, and usually better.
    Private parts is also okay, but I think I might typically prefer didn't show. (At least not sticking out much.)

• With clothes please. I mean clothes complete them. If you would consider doing without clothes, then I think you should also remove the wings etc.

Great stuff though, The colours of the third one amazed me. Can I use it as my background image?

• Let the artist choose what he wants to do ----C

• I don't care as long as it looks good

• As a tatto artist I run across this dilemma more often than I care to admit... Im a fan of both nude and clothed, but there's something to be said about leaving some things to the imagination.. so I'll just say I prefer "scantily clad" lol...

• i prefer with clothes

• Art is art, Ill appreciate it no matter what if its done well.

• I like them better with clothes on, except the mermaid. Mermaids should always be topless.

• it is the creation of artist and no matter how they draw it it looks good

• It doesn't bother me, but I prefer them to have clothes on.

• Either one is creepy

• Naked art is better.

• Bother me? I prefer it that way!

• I really like them tbh, bit like your avatar

• You'd be good for my friend, he's in to this kind of stuff

Anyway, I don't know, nor do I really care.

Why do you like it without clothes better?

What Girls Said 3