Why is Chloe grace Moretz sexualized at such a young age?

Actress Chloe Grace Moretz is currently 19 but for many years she has been subjected to adolescent and pre-pubescent sexualisation.

what is it about this particular girl that has allowed it to be acceptable?

your thoughts/opinions?

What Guys Said 10

• Take a look at history. Take a look at the age women were married as little as a century ago. Now realize that these days, women on average aren't even thinking about marriage until an age at which at any other point in history they'd have been considered WELL past their prime.

Now take a look at how happy women are on average today. Hint: it's plummeting. Plummeting since about, oh, the sexual revolution and women's "liberation."

A more important question: why is natural human, especially male, sexuality, being demonized, when very clearly the greatest detriment in the long term is felt on the part of women?

A friend of mine's grandfather married at 33. His wife was 14. They were married until he died, and she did not remarry. Had a dozen kids. Was he a criminal? Then? Nope. Today? Prison.

Another interesting point of note is WHO has been doing the sexualization of this actress. Anyone want to guess the gender of a television host being overtly flirtatious with her to the point of her becoming noticeably uncomfortable and saying, "Um, I'm only 13." Not saying guys don't do it, but you want to talk double standards, but holy shit, no man in his right mind would do that in front of cameras.

Taylor Lautner comes to mind as well in that regard, but no problem there. He's a boy. He must want it.

• You do realize this is mostly in the film HICK which you're referring to in which the role, was that of a 14yr old wanting to go out on her own and realized it wasn't as easy as she thought.

The role called for that sort of behavior and presentation of her at the time.

• What are you talking about? Examples of her sexualization during her underage years?

• I have always found it unsettling when young actress are sexualised

• Who?

• No idea who that is.

• Because Hollywood sucks that's why

• Didn't know it was the case.

• Acceptable by who? what made you think that?

• because she is sexable in the eyes of men.

What Girls Said 5

• Because sex sells.
    (Which I'm sure you're already aware of. I don't know what other kind of answer you're looking for.)

• Her facial features are more grown up than of other kids her age... + she's always played more mature characters...

Also - doesn't help that one of her first roles (not sure if it was her very first one) was in Kickass - which is a superhero movie - and all guys who identify with superheroes usually are afraid of women = and therefore need a kid, not a woman, to feel adequate.

Now - this is just my conclusion...

• Thats how the entertainment industry works. People want porn and overly sexualize things, so that is what they give them. They don't care how it hurts or kill others, as long as it makes them the millions.

• Because there are a lot of pedophiles in this world. I remember seeing an advertisement once for a four year old's underwear. It said "no credit card needed." It was gross.

• I have no idea why but I think it's disgusting.