Do I have what it takes to be an artist? Rate 1 to 10?

I drew this during math class lol... periods around 38min. My friends told me I'm a fast drawer. I'm a first year in highschool and maybe I want to be an artist... Do you think I have what it takes? (This is all in pen). I only went to art class for a year.
Rate 1 to 10 considering time and beauty. 1 for bad, 10 for good.

• 1 bad. don't be one
  • 2 to 5 uhhh okay
  • 6 slightly above average
  • 7 and 8 better than 70 percent of kids your age
  • 9 good but not that good.. 90 percent
  • 10 really good for a 14 year old! 98 percent and up!

Most Helpful Guy

• If thats all pen you have talent... Keep practicing daily to get even better at it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely stay with it and get involved in art classes at school. They'll really hone your already natural skills.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm a disaster at drawing so I think it's pretty good but there'squite a few people who are pretty good :P. I voted D but if you're 14 you have a ton of time. Just work on it a lot and keep improving ask for help from people. Post your stuff online and get feedback etc. You can be a master at anything if you invest 10 000 - 12 000 hours that's what people say :P. Of course it's easier if you already like it. I can't tell you if you have the skill to do it just from this but if you like it keep going that's the main thing.

• Uh-huh!!! Very skilled mate! For only half and hour and in pen, where you even have nice different shading to the inner collar for shadow effect, that's seriously good.

Put a pencil in your hand and give you time, and I have no doubt you can easily create a bloody brilliant art piece.

By the way that's also very close to the black haze anime char. :). I've never seen it tho lol.

• From what I remember my freshman year in high school, this seems like a logical place for someone who's 14 to be in. Looks like your just starting te experiment with shading and maybe studying drawing concepts?

Looks god, not great, but for your age I think your right where you should be if you wan to be an artist professionally, your still gonna have to step up your game but it's far from something to be ashamed of.

• Um yes, you mest def have what it takes. I've been trying to get back in to drawing and this is a milestone level I want to reach.

• 26d

Really? XD Thanks!!! :) I drew this in around 40 minutes though :, D I usually scribble my drawings :, D

• 25d

I try to sit down every once in a while and do a thing. But I dwell too much on structure and what not.

• it looks impressive... don't know if it's enough to be an artist, but you're definitely much better than the vast majority of people your age. if you keep working on it, then you can do it

• I think that is a great drawing

• I have seen artists draw live. The artists in an age of 13 to 20. Your drawing is a 6/10 as per my observation. If you take up as a profession , you may be a good artist.

• It's really good, 14 years old or not.

• thats really awesome for a 14 year old.
    you clearly have a lot of to be an artist

• you have the talent , you just need practice

• I think its really good
    What do you wanna be a manga / anime artist?

• its nice but be ready to starve...

• Manga artist, definitely, I too draw stuff like this sometimes

• keep up the good work

• Very good. Compared to me at least.

• It's good for your age.

You're just a kid, you've got plenty of time and all it takes is practice.

• Your artstyle is similar to a chinese dude i went to school with.

What Girls Said 10

• I mean really you don't 'become' an artist, if you consider yourself one then you are one, no matter what anyone says.

It's good, looks like you've drawn straight from a reference so if this was from memory you've done really well.

The right shoulder looks off, so I suggest working on your perspective.

• You'll get there. Keep it up. Art is about status and marketing. If people like you they'll like your product more. And It's all subjective u don't have to be good to make a living as an artist. And Lots of good artist never get noticed. So it all comes down to (marketing). If you can market urself, ur status in the industry, or your art you'll be fine. Believe me. There are a million ways you can approach the art. Mainly it comes down to publicity, attention (whether it's positive OR negative attention is irrelevant). Put urself out there and you'll get there. you have potential. If you plan on or just by chance end up as a local underground artist then it's all about consistency. If ur looking to one day get into museums etc. It's all about the people u know and networking. Museums and gallows don't mean necessarily add value to how much u sell though so u may look researching the various types of galleries how they work and who they cater to before you spend years networking trying to get into the wrong one for actual sales and publicity. Because many make very few sales not do they try to. There's many approaches to the art field. You'll be fine.

• 1|0
  • I think it looks great. You do have the skills. I wonder what you can produce if you had a couple of hours though

• You definitely have talent. I went to an art school (before I decided I didn't want to live on the streets) and the one thing I would suggest for technical reasons is to create a portfolio that consists of art genres outside of manga. This is simply because when you apply to an art school, a lot of them dismiss or "don't count" manga as a legitimate piece in your application.

• I voted for F
    keep up the great work, the more you practice the better you will become.
    Do you like drawing anime or anything that comes in mind?

• I like it! Nicely done.

• I wish I could do that.

• You're great

• Omg wow. I wish I could draw like that