Have you ever "quit" a TV show?

Are there any shows that you watched faithfully through several seasons, only to decide for whatever reason that you were just done with it when the show hadn't ended yet?

Maybe your favorite character died or left? Maybe a character died/was killed needlessly, or in some stupid way just appease a plot device? Maybe the storyline ran it's course, but they tried to drag it out in some cheesy pointless manner? Maybe the subject matter crossed some personal lines, and you didn't want to see anymore?

I lost interest with several shows recently because I feel they have gotten boring doing the same old thing after the main story had played out.

Most Helpful Guy

• TWD. It just became very formulaic and repetitive and it was clear a lot of decisions were based on trying to just make money by the producers.

Most Helpful Girl

• when it was on air "lost" really tested my patience for obvious reasons

What Guys Said 19

• Yeah, last one was falling skies, it was good until fourth season at which point characters acted stupid, people acted illogical for the situation and then the final nail in the coffin was when they tried to create a love triangle between three characters when two of them had a strong relationship in all other seasons simply for shock value. I fucking hate love triangles in shows it just makes the woman look trashy and the guys don't even act like a guy would namely by dumping the woman who is clearly using both of them. Its disgusting and after that I couldn't watch anymore. Things like that mostly are what push me away from shows when they try to do the shock value. I watched the first season of penny dredfull and it was good until they tried to add shock value like a main character suddenly and inexplicably having gay sex with a guy for no goddamn reason. Dorian grey the character was suppose to be the decadent one and so it made sense for him to do that but not the other character, that's something that really takes me out of things when characters suddenly stop acting like themselves simply to have shock value.

• 23d

I think it was actually the demon making Vanessa sleep with Dorian, since it awoke part of her that she tried to suppress, part of her that would work in the demon's favor.

• 23d

Yeah, I really loved this genre too, being that I'm both Pagan, and a legit ghost hunter/ghost tour guide.
      To me, this series felt like another version of the "League of Extraordinary Gentleman", but it was still neat and somewhat fresh. Can you recommend some other good shows/movies similar to PD?

• 23d

I can't recall any off the top of my head honestly, it seems rare to find that type of horror. The closest thing I can think of is lovecraft but he is more I suppose you could call it post Victorian, more science then supernatural but with similar tones. I mostly get my fix by reading the lore and mythology of well everywhere. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. The only thing I can think of is Francis Ford Coppola's version of Dracula but for some reason a lot of people didn't like it (I loved it personally). I'll try and think of something in the meantime.

• Yea... Two and a Half Men...
    when they swapped out Charlie Sheen for Ashton Kutcher...

• 22d

Yeah I really hate when they do that...

• 22d

I was Obsessed with that show... then they ruined it. it went on for so long... then immediately they changed the star, they had to start considering ending the show because the ratings, viewings... etc Everything dropped. Moronic producers.

• Oh definitely. My ex-wife used to love Supernatural but after season 5, it just didn't seem right. Season 5 seemed like the perfect ending to the story, but it also came at a time when the popularity peaked. I understand why the producers didn't want to let it go. But Game of Thrones... wow, last season I simply tolerated. I watched it but it felt the way it feels when you're eating a meal because you have to. The writing and story telling has just gotten so bad there. If next season is like that, I might not watch the last season. It's actually the only television show I watch anymore so in a way, it's sort of TV's last chance with me! ;-)

• 23d

I watch Supernatural, and the seasons seem to just go back and forth from great to horrible.

• Pawn Stars was interesting when it first started, but now I yearn for its cancellation. It's total garbage now, despite their reboot attempt. I'm also likely to stop watching The Daily Show by year's end. It's lost its edge.

• Wwe wrestling has loss it's fame. They got new wrestlers and it's just
    not the same as it use to be.

• I quit Community. It became too meta and too cheesy for my taste. I've also quit the X-Files because it became too repetitive and it had too many filler episodes that did nothing to progress the plot.

• Yes, I did. Left several TV shows after watching them faithfully through several seasons. Reasons were the same as you mentioned except that "your favourite character died or left" thing.

• upload.wikimedia.org/.../OperationRepo.jpg
    www.gstatic.com/.../p8479417_b_v8_aa.jpg
    I still watch Lizard lick towing online occasionally but I stopped watching Operation repo because it was on too late at night. I did watch the final episode of operation repo though.

• Not yet but I'm worried that I will. I've been watching supernatural very faithfully and have reached close to the ending of Season 6. From what I hear it becomes worse from there on so I dunno if I'll see it through.

• I stopped watching Breaking Bad..

• The Simpsons, the episode where Homer gets a gun and Marge is stupendously manipulative and hypocritical, that killed the show for me. That was the last good season anyway, from what I've seen.

• Yes I have often done that

• pretty much every show I ever started watching lol. I can't remember having ever watched a complete show with every episode until the end. Unless you count anime in

• Yeah I did it with American Horror Story. But I may go back to it at some point.

I'm sure I've done it to other tv shows too but that one comes to mind first

• Wrestling.

• Yeah, Bones would be one example

• I quit 'Girls' after watching faithfully for 3 seasons. I just happened to miss to many episodes and decided to not even try catching back up

• I quit Quantico. Loved season one, but I quit two weeks ago.

• Yup. I just swore off the walking dead because one of my favorite characters died. And if LuffyxNami doesn't become canon, then I'm quitting Anime all together and probably kill myself because that's all I have left in this world that makes me happy.

What Girls Said 2

• Arrested Development.
    Couldn't finish the last season. So horrible. I don't know why they changed the format.

• Yeah I did that with Pretty Little Liars. When I first started watching, it was cool. But after a few seasons it just seemed like a waste of time because there was no real plot

• 23d

I'm still watching, only because I'm hoping they will answer the tat of the questions. I'm really dissatisfied with how they ended the main storyline...