Have you ever walked out a movie at the theater because of the content?

You pay for a ticket, buy your snacks, find a seat, and start watching, but then you decide that the movie us just awful, and walk out?

Would you ask for a refund? It's not the theaters fault if it was bad.

Would you try to swap your ticket for another movie?

• I've never done that
  • I'd try to get a refund
  • I'd try to swap my ticket
  • I'd try to sit through what I paid for

Most Helpful Guy

• I am silly, I always stay to the end same with a book, I always finish a book once I start it - I can walk away from TV programmes though

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but that's only because I'm always with friends when I go to the theater and I can't just leave them. I have slept through one though.

What Guys Said 17

• Off the top of my head I can think of three times I've done it. There are probably other times. I never asked for a refund or anything. Twice I didn't like the movie. The third time was because it was so loud it was literally painful.

• I've never walked out of a theater but then again I usually know what I'm getting myself into with some research before hand. I also can generally tolerate extreme circumstances in a movie and even a certain amount of tolerance for bad films.

In fact I've only ever turned one movie off part of the way through due to it being awful.

• I don't think I'd ever do that, but I've heard of people do it. When I lived in San Francisco, a friend of mine told me how she walked out of "Sherlock Holmes (2009)" and "The Social Network (2010)". I did see a couple walk out of "Jersey Boys" on Broadway because of the language. It's too bad... I think that they missed out on one of the best musicals of the last 20 years.

• Once only... but usually i wait it out IN THE HOPES that it will become better... and then i still switch to a different movie after... cuz i paid to watch that movie.

• I have seen movies that I kept hoping would get better, but when they ended was pissed off that I'd wasted two hours. But usually that is on TV, as I'm careful about what I'll pay theater prices for...

I felt that way about "Inglorious Basterds"...

• No, I haven't. It depends on how bad it really is. If it's HORRIBLY bad, then yes. I'd ask for a refund or at least a ticket for a different night.

• I wanted to walk out because it was a class field trip to a movie I had absolutely no interest in at all. It took me an hour to get kicked out and sent back to school.

• I haven't done it but I almost did once. I don't know why anyone would try to get a refund though, like you said it's not the theater's fault and you already paid.

• Yeah. I thought norbit would be funny, but Eddie Murphy let me down, bad

• nope, never done that. But I rarely go to the cinema

• To this day I have never done that. Don't really understand people who do that either

• I have. I just left.

• I have not

• Yes. if don't like a movie , I walk out.

• The new ghostbusters

• No, didn't think you were even allowed to. I remember when I watched Interstellar I really wanted to leave

• 22d

Some theaters will let you, and it's not any particular chain, it's the managers at the individual locations.

• 22d

Ohh I certainly didn't realise you could swap tickets. Unless your friends swap too though it's not worth it cause then you'll end up watching a movie on your own

• 22d

I wasn't with them, I was told later, so I'm just assuming that it happens if they're not lying.

What Girls Said 12

• Once the movie I went to go and see was *very* different from any of the advertising and was violent, sexist and like a psychological horror story but had been advertised like a comedy drama. When I asked to swap the ticket the clerk said they'd had a lot of complaints about that movie and I was able to go into something else because it'd been less than 10min. Which was great. Another one was when I went to see bridesmaid. I tried to stay at first but it was just so terrible that I got up and left and didn't even look back. I still don't regret it.

• I've walked out of plays but not movies. And I sat through most of Paranormal Activity with my head between my knees :/

• I believe in my Life I have Done this at Least... Once. Walked out in the Middle of the movie.
    However, with that being Said, "DiJango Unchained" was Painful, but with a Date, who Made it Easy with Making Out to Block it Out, Yesterday's No Groovy Movie with a Roomie was the Pits, no Brad Pit.
    "The Arrival" which was a Scientific Odd Ball, was One I dozed off on, but Managed to Sit Through it, and when it was 'Through, We Walked Out and Talked it Out, with the Rest of the Best who Felt like This, Kind of Pissed. xx

• Vanilla Sky and Hellboy 2
    Just left, didn't ask for money back as they shouldn't wear the cost of it. It happens 😊

• I walked out because it was a crappy movie. But I did not ask for my money back... it was my decision to walk out.

• I've never done that. I usually go to a matinee if the movie is rated poorly. Then I still get the movie experience, but I didn't spend an arm and a leg for something of inferior quality.

• Haha No.
    But I have walked out of a Metallica concert for the WORST organization in the world! So expensive, so not worth it!

• I walked out of a movie before, because it was a lot more horrifying than what I expected, so I started to feel unwell. It wasn't a bad film (and in fact had been nominated for a lot of awards) just not the type of film that I enjoy!

• I've done that at least 2 times so far. The first time I thought the movie was too scary and I left within 3 minutes and got a refund. the second time I thought the movie was too gross and I switched movies and watched another movie that was being shown at the same time.

• no but this reminded me of the time my mom walked out of the theatre because she was pissed at my dad.

• Yes, I will give a movie about 30 mins and if I can't get into it I bounce. Normally I am able to swap my tickets and see something different. I have walked out of 5 movies.

• I left and either went into a different theater or switched them out for new tickets.