Is it a gambling problem if you win?

For example, professional pokers players make money from gambling a lot. Would you say that they have a gambling problem? Or is it only a problem if you lose a lot?

Most Helpful Guy

• No professions gamblers are very skilled in what they do , they make their living from gambling so they are very disciplined in what they do , they have to be. One of the simplest questions to ask yourself is are you gambling with money you can't afford to lose?' If you answer yes to that question then it's likely you have a problem and I don't necessarily
    Mean you personally but generally.

What Girls Said 2

• It's a problem as soon as you get addicted. So of they cannot stop playing, it is most likely a gambling problem even if they make their money with it.

• 22d

Then would you say that all addictions are bad?

• 22d

No. Well yes. Kind of. It's hard to say but I couldn't think of an addiction that's not bad rn.

• I have dealt with a gambling addiction and my biggest downfall was the chase! I would lose money, but I would keep spending more money trying to chase after what I had lost!! I lost my job, house, and still have debts... it is a sick addiction!

• 20d

Shouldn't toss in good money after bad money.
      Sorry to hear about your experience.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a problem when you gamble away your money that was for your rent or whatever

• gambling issues are for losers.