What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite Kind Of Comedy Movie And Why?

18d @madhatters4 @WhiteSteve @OlderandWiser @Dipsy @Likes2drive @abc3643 @lightbulb27 @HorrorFan @Zorax @cosytoasty @NexAngelus @archiz @datgirl @Empatheticlady @Paris13

What Girls Said 3

• Favourite type: comedy you can really relate and cringe to cause it's so humanly awkward, also lots of sarcasm (a lot of Brit humour is like this) like The Inbetweeners for instance. I also like Monty Python 😛 Again, British humour. American humour I do like though is the original Pink Panthers, never fails to make me laugh 😂 They're so awkwardly good.

Dislike: Dumb shit like Sausage Party. Didn't laugh or even smile once throughout the whole thing. One of the most boring, too try hard shit ever. A lot of modern American comedy make this mistake and end up in this category for me (including the American inbetweeners that tried to use over the top American humour to make it funny. Nope just NOPE). Also the newer pink panther version just makes me cringe in the bad way, God it's just so bad.

• Favorite (Or One of them)"Dumb and Dumber" was an Original, so very Hilarious.
    "Dumb and Dumber" was Good but not as Funny, honey.
    Thanks for the Kind Invite. xx

• I love We Are Miller and Scary Movie no.3
    least favorite Tropic Thunder

What Guys Said 13

• I really do not like slapstick comedy. Jerry Lewis may be considered a genius by the French people, but he is no genius in my book. And. . . any movie referred to as "madcap" is stupid.

I like comedies that actually have a plausible plot/story line. Movies like Hot Tub Time Machine have a few humorous lines but are not as good as There's Something About Mary.

• 18d

Slapstick comedies have a story line

• 18d

Say what you will but I love The Three Stooges I love their slapstick comedy

• 18d

I love the Three Stooges and the Marx Brothers. The slapstick I hate is the clumsy guy always falling, like Jerry Lewis.

• I like parodies (spoofs), like The Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Airplane, Blazing Saddles, Scary Movie, Spy Hard, Top Secret, Loaded Weapon, Spaceballs etc.
    Least favorite - Dull comedies and unfunny tv shows (Adam Sandler's movies, series like Modern Family etc).

• They don't make comedy movies anymore. What you get now is what they call "Romantic Comedy" or "Action Comedy" where you have humor here and there to make you chuckle. But that is not COMEDY. Comedy is when you feel you will die with laughter. And I don't have that stupid sense of humor to laugh at stupid relationship humor or NYC life humor or sitcom humor. The last movie that made me laugh was the first part of Rush Hour. What makes me laugh is stand up comedy like Peter Russel. It's sad what today's kids are fed as "comedy" ... Just switch to a sitcom on Disney or NickJr and you'll know what I mean.

• 18d

I think theirs still a few comedy movies that are labeled comedy movies but 1980s and 1990s comedies are better in my opinion

• 18d

Oh I may be off on the decade but the ONE name hitting my mind is "The early bird". That's the one I'm going to look for.

• 18d

My favorite is probably Who Framed Roger Rabbit

• The best are satirical or at the very least dry and dark. Think, maybe, The Cable Guy.

The worst are idiotic comedies that attempt and fail slapstick; movies that I used to love when younger but realized were actually horribly unfunny, like Dumb and Dumber.

• 18d

I've heard of Dumb and Dumber but I haven't watched it, but what I heard the prequel of dumb and dumber you would probably dislike that movie

• I am drawn to ones that have a romantic sense to them Forgetting sarah marshall, stuff like that.

I have a hard time enjoying fiercely vulgar ones. I remember finding superbad ridiculously unfunny. Basically instead of humor stuff was put in to shock people. Comedians always do this crap.

Although some of those trashy ones are crazy good. Hottub time machine and white castle was the BEST movie ever but it was pretty rough with stupid shock humor.

• My favorite ones are smartly written but also a little vulgar: Superbad, Wedding Crashers, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc.

My least favorite is poorly written ones of course, haha, because comedy all comes down to the writing. But if you need like a sub genre or something, I guess really lowbrow stuff like bathroom humor, I just don't find that funny usually, or forced gross-out humor.

• Maybe the kind like the movie " Central Intelligence " that Dwayne Johnson was in is the kind I like, the kind I don't like are the ones that have show tune scenes in it

• 18d

Remember Dwayne in Pain&Gain?

"We ARE adbucting this guy tomorrow" Mark Walhburg
      "Nah uh, that is SO illegal ok?" Dwayne.

buahaahaha

• 18d

@GraveTruth yeah he acted like such a dummy in that movie but never really wanted to hurt anyone. I like him as an actor, he is pretty good

• I don't really like most straight up comedies. I like things with a bit of comedy in them but not where it is straight up advertised as a comedy

• I hate slut-gore because I get tired of early middle aged women still getting wasted and waking up with strangers. Shit is more depressing than funny.

• I love active comedies and hate romantic comedies. I've never had a relationship and don't like seeing unrealistic ways that they are portrayed. everything that works in the movie never does in real life. I've always wanted one but probably

• Spoofs. Friedberg and seltzer ruined them for me. I don't know how they keep getting passed to do movies... it defies logic

• American Pie is number 1 because there is a Stifler in it.

• American pie is my fav.
    and least fav would be... i dont know reallly