Is anyone excited for the new beauty and the beast?

23d what's funny is nearly every guy if not all, has no interest in seeing the movie. It could be that it is mainly a romantic movie with a fantasy twist. The main reasons I am watching it, is to relive my childhood and I love a movie that has a great message. Learning true humility and being true hearted. I am also a fan of fantasy films so that helps too. For me there is a difference between sci if and fantasy. Science fiction challenges the possible while fantasy challenges the impossible
17d thanks for all your responses, you guys and girls have a holiday and enjoy that ham or turkey

Most Helpful Girl

• It's looks really good! I really enjoyed the "real people" version Disney did with Cinderella, so I'm expecting the same type of thing. Emma Watson is a great actress, too. Excited to see how they will incorporate the characters like Mrs. Potts and Lumiere.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cool! Emma Watson is in it. Beauty and the Beast was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up. Right after Aladdin and Lion King. I want to see it.

What Girls Said 17

• No. I don't get the obsession with remaking classic Disney films which were beautiful because they were cartoons and making them real. Oh wait, money.

• 23d

I enjoy a different take on a classic. The latest live action jungle book was amazing, I thought it was even better than the first animated one. I like this trend for two reasons, it presents the movie to a younger audience that may have not been introduced to it yet and sometimes the remakes have enough charm to make them classics out their own

• 23d

Children don't need hardcore effects. We appreciated the message. It's all being lost to technology.

• 23d

I can see your point. So far I have enjoyed the disney remakes, they have been a lot better than the other remakes of recent. I treat them as separate from their animated roots, they are a movie to themselves. You can't remake a classic. But you can make a re-visioning of it. I am sure that we, to an extend, will have to agree to disagree. But I do think your point is valid and I respect it.

• I didn't know they were making this... but now that I do... IM SO EXCITED!! Which is actually really surprising because so far I've hated all the live action remakes of these kinds of movies

• I watched the other movie prior to this, which could have been better. Let's see how this turns out to be!

• i am SO excited about this!

• im so so so excited! can't wait!

• I'm not too sure; I'm a bit wary as the trailer just seemed too similar to the animated version. It might not be that bad though.

• 23d

That is one thing that can actually help the movie, to have enough familiar scenes to make you remember the first movie and enough new scenes to give you a new take on it.

• 23d

I suppose so. :/

• I love this film. I love that Emma Watson is playing Belle. I really really dislike the depiction of the other characters: Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Chip etc.

• 18d

Yeah, sometimes the new translation doesn't always get it right, hopefully the other things in the movie will make up for it

• So so excited to take my daughter to it.

• I really wanna see it now 😀 They should do that with all the princess movies!

• not really no, i was satisfied with the dancing dishes and furniture from the animation. Not needing to relive this in live action.

• Yeah kind of, i just hope they do it justice!

• Yeeeees! I wanna see it already.

• No. The original movie was nice and all, however, I didn't watch it as a kid, so, it wasn't a big deal. I will not go see this movie.

• Not really. I'm not happy that they chose Emma to act as Belle.

• 23d

At least it wasn't Kristin Stewart... but let's she how she does, I have seen actresses make come backs before. Disney might have stretched her acting muscles

• 23d

@asker I actually didn't know that!

• 23d

I agree to each their own. The blu-ray has some behind the scenes on the original, and I was shifting though the videos. She actually got a disney legends award too! Was also kind of cool
      is Little Shop of Horrors 1986- composer Alan Menken and writer Howard Ashman
      Beauty and the beast -1991-composer Alan Menken and writer Howard Ashman
      images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/.../...268_AL_.jpg

also look who was lumiere
      tinyobsessions.files.wordpress.com/.../lumiere.png

• yessss, it's my favorite Disney movie, after Mulan

• Hell yes, I can't wait

• Yes, I love Beauty and the Beast.

What Guys Said 11

• After this let down, which I enjoyed but, still a heavy let down...
    images.8tracks.com/.../...02082-1000-1280-4451.jpg

I'm definitely looking forward to it. Most of all Emma Watson. I adore her to the max.

• 23d

yeah, that tv show did not interest me, it appeared to be more romance with a weak fantasy plot

• I'd watch it! Beauty and the Beast was one of my favorite Disney movies. "Be Our Guest" is one of my favorite Disney songs, and I was amused as a kid by all the dancing dinnerware. :-D

• This made me wonder how many other live-action edition reboots they are going to make next? I think they already did one for Cinderella. Maybe Aladdin will probably get one, Pocahontas, Little Mermaid, and perhaps even Sleeping Beauty, wait, technically that might have already been done in Maleficent.

• Yes, the trailer looks incredible! :D

• No but I'm excited about the movie King Kong coming out in March to a theater near you

• mehhh

• Not a chance.

• Well, that trailer bored the shit out of me...

• nah i want something new kinda see a lot of these unasked for redoing of movies

• 23d

I am kind of a fan of remakes, it is my burden. I like seeing franchises get a second run and be introduced to new audiences, but it is very rare that it will be a success but I have seen successful remakes, little rascals, dennis the menace, addams family, and most recently the new live action jungle book, which I thought was better than the first and i'm a disney fan... so there is a chance...

• nah looks exactly like the animated movie

• 23d

that's the point it should remind you of the first one

• It was one of my favorite movies when I was little.

• 23d

I liked it because, the guy kidnaps a girl and she ends up falling in love with him.
      If I was going to kidnap a girl, I'd hope it would turn out just like that.