(ARTIST) Tips to get better at drawing?

(ARTIST) Tips to get better at drawing?

Today, I just decided to start teaching myself to draw since I did love it when I was younger and I feel I could get really good eventually.

What is YOUR advice on things I can work on to better myself?

I attached two of my drawings I just started to give you an example of how I am right now.

Thanks in advance xx

What Guys Said 1

• Hello I have just started to pose for full figure drawing art classes and watching the artists I think they get better when they really want to draw something not just what the teacher asks them like flowers or sun sets.. I have also noticed that all the artists seem to get excited when they are told they will have a live nude model (me) that day I guess its something they don't often get to draw. So draw what you feel like to no matter what it is. I also could use your help in any kind of input you could give on different posses I could do it would be a big help thank-you for some posses to view msward@hurontel. on. ca

What Girls Said 2

• These are decent sketches. Are you going for a sketchy look or photorealism? Photorealism can be extremely difficult. You'll need to add heavier shading into the skin and blend your darks into your shading as well as use dark enough shading to blend into the highlights. Your shapes and values are good but they'd need much more shading and pigments to be photorealism.

Sketching photographs from magazines is a good place to start as well as creating value bars and shading different shapes (circles, squares, triangle, and cylinders) until your shading looks smooth. I use blending stumps for this.

You can also find cheap beginner pencils usually from H4-B8. Your Hs will be harder with lighter pigments and Bs softer with darker pigment, but they'll also give you a grainier look.

• Maybe you want to incorporate colours to improve. :Drawing everyday and developing your own style will help tremendously. Take inspiration from any source and get drawing!