Let it snow! Any skiers out there?

After a couple weeks of rain and clouds every day, woke up yesterday morning to sun... and the mountains were getting covered with snow. Still not enough to open the slopes, but looks like a nice start.

What about you guys? Do you ski or are you interested in skiing or snowboarding?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done some cross country skiing on a few occasions but that was long ago and I'm not really into it anymore :o
    Alpine skiing has never been my thing :-(
    And I wouldn't like to have to put snow chains on to get there either...

• 21d

Ahhh but see the chains are where the boyfriend comes in. He's an asshole sometimes, but other times he's nice to have around haha.

• 20d

That's so generous of you hahaha :D

• 17d

Thanks for the MH :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Where do you live? So I never go there. A "couple weeks of rain and clouds everyday". <- ;___;
    It's too early in the year for snow.
    ;_;

• 21d

I live in Washington State... we actually don't get much snow where i live but the mountains are with eyeshot. But rain and clouds probably 90% of the time from November through April

• 21d

Ohh, im really good at stereotyping haha. If you make it to the pacific northwest, go in the summer, its absolutely beautiful.

• 18d

Aw, ty. Speaking of snow, I was out the other day and I looked up... and it was snowing. A little tiny bit, enough that I raged for a few minutes.
      My words, they taste delicious. 😢

What Guys Said 10

• love skiing. sadly i can't do it much anymore. bad knee injuries have left me with really unstable knee joints (kind of important in skiing).

sucks i used to ski tons, was on the ski team in high school. my winter's just aren't the same. i can take on green's and some blue's pretty well though. but not often otherwise my legs will kill later

• Oh hells yes, I get to use this gif again.
    media.giphy.com/media/LSEf1fPNEovYs/giphy.gif

• As a resident of Florida, nope. I'd be interested in trying it but it never snows and we have no hills.

• 22d

Yeah, i didn't figure florida was much of a snow ski destination... water ski maybe.

• Been to Verbier and Crans Montana a couple of times. Rank amateur though, I can just about take a red piste going slowly.

• I've tried both before but haven't gone in the last couple years.

• I haven't been skiing in a long damn time. Maybe I'll head up to Big Bear this winter. Take my doggy to experience the snow.

• 21d

Im kinda lucky, i have skiing within an hour of my house and there is a shuttle that picks up and drops off at my workplace so it doesn't have to be an event for me.

• 21d

Big Bear is about an hour from me. And then I have Los Angeles a bit nearby too. :-D

• Its too early for snow! And not a skier.

• Yes 🙋🏻
    Swiss Alps would be nice

Are you near the mountain?

• 21d

I am an hour away from very average skiing. But it's close and convenient.

• 21d

Sometimes hills can have really expensive ski passes, up to 1000+ easily. Actually 1400$ around but it has about 100 trails. How many trails does your hill have?

Also have you ever tried skiblades? The mini version of skiis?

• 21d

under 700 for the annual pass, i think around 40 trails

• I interested in snowboarding and falling down lol

• Snowboarder.

• 21d

i took lessons last year... im not very good at it, but im going to stick with it a bit this year and see if i can get to be at least respectable.

What Girls Said 2

• No.
    I tried skiing once. That was the last time hahah

• 21d

I do ok, im not that good really but i have fun with it. And im really short so my center of gravity is low and i don't fall so much haha.

• I've always wanted to go skiing