What music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?

Are you a producer? If so, wich music production software, aka Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) do you use and like most?

For non-producers:

Has anyone had any experience with one of these softwares?
What was your experience with it?
Which of the following do you find more attractive?

Thanks in advance for your opinions :)

• Image-Line Fruity LoopsWhat music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?
  • Logic Pro XWhat music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?
  • Ableton LiveWhat music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?
  • Steinberg Cubase ProWhat music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?
  • Cakewalk SonarWhat music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?
  • Presonus Studio One 3What music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?
  • Cockos Reaper 5What music production software (DAW) do you use / like most?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for A2A!

I'm not a producer but it's in my bucket list for sure. I've a lot of ideas which I'm planning to make into reality in future. Right now, I'm planning on learning instruments before I put my hand on DAWs.

Sometimes when I have free time and I'm bored, I play with DAWs. My uncle gifted me FL Studio. It's the most popular DAW. I like it a lot. Despite being a noob, I find it convenient to use it. It's outstanding for beginners and the UI is the best.

Logic Pro is often considered as the best DAW and most of the popular artists use it but I'll not use it because no chance I'm going to spend my money on Apple's products. So, unless it comes to windows, I'm cool without it.

After I'll learn using them and become an expert, I'll start using Ableton live. It's professional. Road to mastery.

Suggested reading :- https://www.careersinmusic.com/best-daw-2016

Voted A

What Girls Said 33

• You did not add Propellarhead Reason. Also before I started reason, I worked on MTV music generator with over 30+ songs for over 12 years.

Word of advice. There is no such thing as the best software in the industry. The care about the person who made the beats, not what product.

• 13d

I only can add up to 8 answers :(

• 13d

Oh wow. Never knew that. But yeah, I want to try the others as well. Sometimes I will make samples just to transfer and use on my Reason.

• 13d

Oh use Audacity to help as well. But it requires a lot of ear training and paying attention.

• I am more of a lighting designer; however, a lot of my sound designer friends like the Logic Pro X because of its intuitive layout (mainly because it looks more like standard free software). As a tech person, I like the amount of control that the Image-Line Fruity Loops snap shot provides (looks more like an actual sound board). Like any console to programmer combination, you will find what works best for you. Those are my two recommendations.

• My boyfriend, @TheTrueLordJ uses FL Studio, Sony Acid Pro, and we use Audacity for reviewing EVP after our paranormal investigations.

• I'm not a producer and I haven't had experience in that area before lol

The fruity loops sounds tasty lol 🙈

• I tried almost all... I like logic pro x the best

• Sorry. It's all Greek to me

• i'm not a producer , and i'm not familiar with these. It's impressive though :)

• I'm just a musician. But my producer friends use fruity loops and Logic Pro x

• ummm... I got invited to this question but I barely know how to use a computer, much less produce music on one.

Sorry, I won't be any help here.

• I don't use any, but my mother does, she uses the ones you listed and others I don't remember right now.

• Logic for me

• Garage Band!!

• sorry am not familiar with any of these

• I'm not a producer but they all look cool, especially the last one :)

• I have Reaper, but I have professional friends who have (and love) Cubase. Reaper is okay but the files are massive... not sure if others are the same way. I use it because it was free, to be honest.

• 11d

I've used Propellerhead, Ableton Live and other softwares butI didn't feel like they were comfortable to work with. It has been more than 5 years since I've been using Fruity Loops and I am very happy with it.

• I haven't used any before lol

• In college the guys used ProTools 7 and the school had licenses for Adobe Audition. But I don't do that stuff really... so I downloaded Audacity if I ever want to record myself which I haven't yet

• Non-producer and I haven't heard of any of those softwares and I wouldn't know what to do with them lol

• Samplitude.

• None. 🙄

• i've heard of fruity loops

• I'm not a music producer.

• non producer . Audacity works for me . simple and easy to use . and its free .

• I have been thinking of getting a production software, but I don't know which is to get. 😆

• I've only ever used ProTools

• Logic Pro (When I was into producing music)

• I produce fashion photo shoots, and porn scenes:)

• I don't know this nerd stuff...

• just wanna see answers.

• More from Girls
    3

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 48

• The first one I ever touched was Pro tools and I never really learned how to do much other than record. Then I started learning Fruity Loops. It's. . . visually responsive. There's at least 2 ways to do pretty much anything you want. A ton of flexibility. It's the only tool I know but Everything in it makes a lot of sense to me. It also works great with my touch screen.

I've seen people I like make cool sounds on Cubase and I don't know if there's anything particularly special about Ableton. I feel like most people who use that work on massive NI. Logic is another that I know is popular. But other than the samples and synths that come with them, they all seem to be different shells for the same meat. If you get what I'm trying to say.

In other words, they all pretty much do all the same stuff and have all the same features so far as I can tell, more-so than any other type of software. But I don't see myself switching from FL studio.

• 12d

I'm also using Fruity Loops 12 , and I am really happy with it

• 12d

Yea 12 is really cool. I hate that they took some of the functionality from drum machine in the channel rack but other than that, it's really cool

• I've used SONAR since it was just "cakewalk", the first good computer-based midi sequencer. I've been intrigued to use Pro Tools because it's what's used by the most pros. But SONAR has more features than I'll *ever* use and it does everything I need. It makes it prohibitive to learn something else when I'm so satisfied and familiar with what I've got.

• I'm not a music producer, but I have a basic familiarity with DAWs and an interest in them. I think Pro Tools, which is strangely not on your list, is probably the most powerful and best DAW and the industry standard. I think Ableton and FL Studio (also not mentioned) are also highly regarded. The others are all capable DAWs, but like anything else in the software world, which one is "best" depends on what you want to do with it. They each have strengths and weaknesses. For basic audio/music production, any one of them is more than adequate.

• I'm not a producer but my neighbor did a bunch of producing. I think he used logic pro but he mightnhave switched by now. I didn't use the programm but I love music and have a good feeling for it so I would just hang out in the room and say like that part doesn't sound good or can't we try it like this etc. Id just give him my opinions anyway I don't know if he always liked i but I tried to help :P. He did most of the work on the computer and keyboard though.

• I have never produced music in my life so I can't say but Cakewalk Sonar looked the most like autoCAD (an architecture software) so I guess I'll choose it (for whatever arbitrary reason).

• I've always wanted to try creating music but I don't know of any free programs that are at least somewhat good.

I've used Adobe Audition to create some stuff, but I no longer have it.

• Non producer Logic Pro X

• I have some interest in digital music production but have never pursued it.

• I have never experienced it, but I'd like to try one day.

• not doing anything like that. the only one I've heard of is Logic pro.

The little bit of sound editing I need to do I can do with Audacity

• I have heard of Fruity Loops because of one of the Epic Rap Battles of History but other than that I have no idea how any of them work.

• I don't really produce any music. I just use Garage Band (yeah, I know), to splice together audio files.

• sorry can't weigh in here, the closest I got to this was Audacity

• To be honest I don't think I've used any of those, don't really use software to make music, usually use the instruments then record em then put em together

• 12d

How do you put them together without a DAW software?

• 12d

Lol a app on my phone, where it plays multiple videos at once, kind of like a quartet montage kind of thing

• 12d

That's cool :)

• I'm not at all into music... so never used any of this :o

• I've got a base version of ProTools but I barely use it.

• Not familiar with it since I'm not into that type of thing

• FL Studio is good,

• I'm not a producer but i've seen people use Logic Pro x before. I've never seen any of the other programs before

• I don't do music production, but I do use Audacity to edit music copied from LP's and cassette.

• I've heard good things about Fruity Loops and Ableton.

• Pro tools

• I just tried Fruity Loops a little bit. Seems easy.

• not a producer, but i've used fruity loops and logic pro and honestly not liked either of them, probably due to impatience.

• I haven't used any yet.

• I can't vote because Fruity Loops hasn't been made since March of 2003 when the name was changed officially to FL Studio. that's what I use. I also use Sony Acid Pro, like my girlfriend mentioned.

• sadly i dont use any of them... i dont know how yo use one... but i am sure i will use one in future

• the most I've used is audacity and garageband

• I have Logic Pro x but never figured that shit out

• I do not use any music production software.

• More from Guys
    18