Do you think The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild will make a huge impact as a game?

After all the gameplays and videos I've seen about this game, I feel like it's going to make one of the biggest impacts on the gaming industry.

• I think so
    26%(5)23%(12)Vote21%(7)
  • I don't
    16%(3)34%(18)Vote44%(15)
  • Never heard of it
    32%(6)21%(11)Vote15%(5)
  • I don't keep up with the news
    26%(5)22%(12)Vote20%(7)
Main reason why I feel like it's going to make a huge impact, is due to seeing how all the other The legend of zelda games have progressed. Then seeing the changes and mechanics in this game is mind blowing and very different.

Most Helpful Guy

• People will probably act like it does when in actuality it doesn't. Sort of like how everyone says Overwatch is a massive innovation for gaming when it really isn't.
    Not being innovative doesn't mean a game is bad, just to clarify.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do. I haven't been watching the videos due to spoilers and such, but this "open world" that they've been trying to accomplish really excites me.

What Guys Said 20

• Not really.. There has been too many Zelda releases in the last few years for a real impact to be felt. I would love to see a new Metroid release though.

• Have you only played 1 zelda game or something? I'm asking this due to what you said and that proving you've barely played any,

• If this game wasn't the best game mechanic wise out of all the other Zelda games, that would be pretty bad for nintendo. With all the play through we've seen and anyone who's actually played some of it all agree that it is.

• But mechanics don't make a game great. It only helps along with a good story. I know it will be a good game but you're going too fangirl over it lol. I'd still rather see a new Metroid.

• Looks good.

• It will make a huge impact because it will be the first console Zelda game that's also portable because it will be on the Switch.

• Honestly that's not what makes it that huge. Comparing it to any other legend of zelda games you have ever played, that's what makes it more mind fucking on how amazing this is.

• Reminds me of windwaker and twilight princess. It seems to have some similar vibes.

I was actually thinking the other day about how people should look back to those games because I felt like they kinda were all about what makes a game good. The Windwaker more than the other.

• B-b-but can you still run through the bushes/high grass and chop them with your sword, to collect goodies hidden inside? xD

• I'm not sure if I like the feel of what I've seen. I guess I should look up more about it. The visual feel is interesting, but I don't know how I'd feel about seeing it the whole time. I've also never seen him in his classic tunic. I do like the outfit he's wearing there, but wouldn't want him to wear it much before changing to the tunic. I'd want him to change after just a little while like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I like that it has the dash command and fighting on Epona. But there's still something about the look. Sort of semi-cell shaded, and I don't like cell shading... Either way, I don't have the cash. 😣

• You seem to dislike anything new that Nintendo has done with most of their titles.

• That sucks because the games with Toon link are a lot of fun and his expressions are funny as hell.

• I like him. I just like the realist feel much more.

• Anything Zelda seems to

• The game will be amazing!

• Nope. Only people who will buy it is people like you. I don't think it will reach or invite people who don't play games much or the Zelda series.

• Probably not since it will probably be too challenging for them due to how this seems like the hardest version of the legend of zelda.

• or better way to put it as it being the most challenging besides the very first one.

• No, Mass Effect Andromeda will

GOTY for 2017, tell sausage Link to fall back

• based on what? until 2 days ago we basically hadn't see anything of it and on the game awards show the first real gameplay trailer they showed looked nice but was nothing more than a bit of fighting, walking and some cut scenes mixed together. So you still don't know much about it, could just end up like Dragon Age Inquisition which looked amazing too but then had many flaws and couldn't reach Dragon Age Origins

• @Yumix Nah, the dialogue of the mass effect series was always on point. Elder Scrolls youtubers praise that aspect of the game and wish Skyrim's dialogue options were similar.
      But now they compare it more to The Witcher 3 because they are more similar game wiser.

The choices you made in the game having pros and cons. Making for a more dynamic experience overall.

What else would you expect from a first time showing, action will always be shown before anything else.

Nintendo doesn't have what it takes to produce a game on par with titles like this. Especially given Nintendo's main fan base. Just look at all the repeat titles being reproduced constantly...

Also, Nintendo never really strays from how they make games.

It's still a nice looking game, I'll be buying the Switch and this game anyways so it doesn't really matter.

• it's not about nintendo (like I said in my opinion, I don't think it will have a huge impact), but about BioWare. The BioWare we have today isn't the one we know from the old titles... it's a massive studio with multiple developing teams.

pretty much every game they released in the last 5 years had some massive flaws which kept them from being in the top3 or even top5 games of the year.

yes EA is throwing a shitload of money at it and with BioWare you can expect it to not suck... it won't be a second No Man's Sky... but if it will be game of the year contender or even have a bigger impact than zelda? no one knows.

There is tons of gameplay available of Zelda and the press and youtubers are loving it for the most part... from mass effect you don't know anything other than it having better graphics, which basically means shit. That's why I have a problem with that statement. It's based on hopes, expectations and your personal taste but only time will tell if that's true

• no chance... it isn't bringing anything new that hasn't been seen in a million other games before it. It won't live up to the hype.

• it will have an impact on the series and Nintendo, but not games in general.

it's not reinventing the wheel

• While this will no doubt be an amazing game, it's not going to be a game changer for the gaming industry in my opinion. The only thing I see it doing is driving in sales for either the Wii U or the Switch.

• The breath of the wild will be one the best zelda games. I miss my gamer days everytime I see Zelda x P.

• I hope so :)

• Never played a Zelda game before but my friend told me about it and i might consider buying it. Is multiplayer also available?

• Some people are speculating that it might be possible due to findings they have found in trailers and game play. Still nintendo hasn't confirm that.

• Ok, would be pretty cool.

• Mehh.. its a shit cartoon game D;

If you want to see a game just play Bf1 ;D

• I don't own a Wii, not planning to buy one for it either.

• Is this a new Zelda being released?

• Sometime next year, which I think is supposed to be in march.

• You're talking about the very first one that came out in 1986 right?

• I have no idea when it was released. I began playing it during the early nineties. Maybe it's the one and the same.

• While the game looks very promising with some new-looking features, it's safe to say that we'll have to wait and see when it releases for both the Switch and the Wii U.

What Girls Said 4

• Looks like a nice game and will see some retail success. I dont feel like it will have a huge impact as a game as i see that kind of statement reserved for that one or two games in a console generation that breaks the mold a bit. But ill be getting it on day one.

• I hope so, it looks like it deserves it. It's beautiful. I'm not a Zelda fan, and even I'm highly interested.

• I don't, but it looks really cool!

• Beats me I can't even play it. I was thinking about by a Wii U but woth the Switch coming out...