Does anyone else think slam poetry is absolute shit?

Remember when we used to teach people that screaming and yelling was not a good way to get your point across? Welp, it STILL isn't a good way to get any point across and pretending it's poetry doesn't change that. I hate slam poetry. It makes me cringe every time.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• i've never been into it really. however, i did see some creepy ones coming from new age feminists. one in specific where she was saying "she was out to ruin your life." it was horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NejoQMQ5FoA

• Social justice always takes whatever they cling onto and make it cringy, but social justice slam poetry is just exponentially more cringy than anything else they've ever done. That's just one of many horrible feminist poetry slams. Only useful for a good laugh.

• it's so awful. I don't understand what constitutes it as poetry at all!

• It's also devoid of thought, which poetry is supposed to be an expression of.

• It does the opposite of make me think. It makes me cover my ears lol

What Guys Said 1

• Alexander Pope is rolling in his grave. Dumb feminist bitches screaming about "injustices" isn't poetry or art.