Spider-Man actually wearing his web gliders?

The teaser for Spider-Man: Homecoming is out. The actual trailer is coming tomorrow.

The first and most obvious thing I got from this is that he has web gliders. If you don't know what those are, he had them in many of this early comics. They got rid of it later for some reason.

I'm personally excited about this. They seem to be going for a REALLY early version of Spider-Man in the timeline. The first three villains in the Spider-Man comics (Shocker, Tinkerer, and Vulture) are going to be the villains in this movie, with Vulture big the big baddie. They're also using some of the early supporting characters like Liz Allan, Flash Thompson, and Ned Leeds. Another thing that'll be there in the movie is one of his earliest gadgets, which was given to him in the MCU by Tony Stark in Civil War.

He used to wear this on his belt in the comics (similar to Batman's utility belt).

And to top it off, RDJ himself is going to be in the movie. The only thing that seems missing now is J. Jonah Jameson...

Is anyone else excited for this movie?

Here are the trailers:

The trailer is here :D

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Awesome! It looks intriguing. Kind of gutted that they got a new actor to play spider man. I think Andrew Garfield played spider man really well.

• Yeah I liked him too but I felt they couldn't keep him for long because he'd grow out of the role. Now that they have a younger actor, they won't have to change him for a while

• He was booted off because he didn't make an appearance at some fancy schmancy party that he was suppose to go to. It would of been really fortunate for him but he saw otherwise. But yeah, I'm hoping this new guy is good

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 18

• I do remember seeing the webbings attached to both side of his costumes but was never really sure what they do or were meant for. But now I guess this helps clarify and explain how they work. It reminded me of wingsuits:

nancesosa.files.wordpress.com/.../wingsuit1.jpeg

• I don't think there will be J. J. J. because Peter is still in highschool, but I hope he at least gets a cameo, like on the video wall in the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon xD that would be hilarious.

I just saw the teaser on twitter and I am super excited about the movie! I hope it earns a lot cause then Fox will agree to give the FF to Marvel and who knows, maybe X-Men too.

• Well JJJ was introduced in the second Spider-Man comic. He did have an important role but Peter didn't start working in the Daily Bugle until much later www.readcomics.tv/.../2.jpg

I'm hoping they give FF soon, and also Silver Surfer and Galactus. I don't think they'll give X-Men anytime soon since they're still able to make money out of it

• Hmm I don't think that Marvel would want the X-Men now that I think about it xD that franchise is ruined.

• I never liked the under-arm glider things. Was happy they got rid of them. However, there were more than a few 90s readers that liked them. So I guess I can tolerate them for a movie or two.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-smirk(c).gif

Spider-man is my all time favourite Marvel superhero!

I hope J. J makes a cameo and they need to make Spider-man as witty and funny as possible. Kind of like Deadpool but without the insanity. Spidey's personality must be the star of the show, I hope they don't fuck this up.

• fuck yeah! dinner at 8! i can't wait!

but seriously fuck yeah.

• So long as the movie is good, I'm down.

• Great, I've been missing the web gliders in some of the past comics.

• Cool but I am sick and tired of all these spider man movies this is like the 10,000th spider man movie.

• Yeah! Can't wait!!! :D

• The Vulture is a nice villain. I hope they put in the Chameleon or the Scorpion in some other movie at some point.

• Yes I'm very excited for this movie!

• Awesome trailer... but i wonder if thats a huge spoiler they just ruined... his friend knowing about who he is? :o

• I *need* whatever's in the box!

• Girl.. u should work in Marvel 😎

• I'm keen to see if they can do an alternative story such as Spiderman 2099...

• I'd be interested in seeing a Spider-Verse storyline, but they'll have to build up to that

• That's true. I guess we'll see how this plays out :D

• It will be interesting with this new guy

• He can hover at some point.

• AmazingπŸ‘

• So much, "YUP!!!"

• Spidey needs to wear a protective cup... I don't think his suit gives him much protection in that region...

What Girls Said 6

• Aah, I hope he wears them πŸ’š

• Nice, I can't wait for the new movie.

• That's awesome :)

• I can't remember, did he have gliders in the last movie?

• Can't stand Spider-Man. Don't like the vanilla boy they've cast as him yet again. Meh.

• I liked the first and second but this guy is just so annoying

• The movie was very meh. He's just so over hyped. People go mental for him and he's such a meh character.