Have any movies been filmed in, or near, your town/city?

"Real Steal" with Hugh Jackman, the upcoming "Transformers" movie, and an upcoming Civil Rights movie were all partly filmed in my city.
I don't know, I think it's pretty cool.

-The courthouse scene in the beginning of Real Steel is my city's downtown.
-the civil rights movie is based on the Detroit riots in the 1960s, and John Krasinski and John Boye
*Boyega

Most Helpful Girl

• Batman dark night
    Divergent
    Blues Brothers
    Home Alone (I've been outside the house. Crazy to see it in real life).
    Ferris Buellers Day Off

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope I don't think so but my town in Kansas was the inspiration for and is the town that Superman's home town of Smallville was based off of.

And to celebrate that for a couple days every year the entire town everywhere you go is called Smallville so if you called like say Wal-Mart they'd answer go Hello this is Smallville Wal-Mart how may I help you? It's pretty cool.

so yeah it's pretty awesome living in the man of steel's hometown so that trumps anything that could be shot in or around here movie wise.

What Girls Said 16

• If Im gonna say London then LOL there would be far too many to mention
    As for my specific location/borough then:
    http://i.imgur.com/ovgQM4L.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Lt8MM0H.png
    I live in a really pretty part of London and there are tons of old mansions and houses here and lots of greens so its a good location to film.

• How do you manage to afford a place there?

• @JohnDoe3000 parents, obviously ahah. Nobody my age can afford a place for themselves here. And when they do move out they often live in rented out rooms/shared houses with strangers.

• I live in Amsterdam.. There's tons 😂
    This is my fave, it's called "Amsterdamned" 😂😂😂
    (skip to 2:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2oykWjwAYY&t=23s

• When I lived in New York, I saw One being Filmed in Queens... Run All Night. xx

• Yup. a few. I don't know them all. My mom and my brother were extras in 21 Grams.

Others I know are:

Walk the Line
    The Firm
    Castaway
    The Rain Maker
    The Client
    Great Balls of Fire

• quite a few

• A bunch a bunch a bunch... like five million thousands...

• I Googled it and it said 66 shows and movies have been filmed in my city. I only know of one scene in valentines day though.

• umm nope

• Texas
    The Last Transformers that came out
    (Off the top of my head)

• They filmed The Hateful 8 in Telluride. I live northeast of Telluride but it's still cool

• Yeah, a few movies were filmed right next to my house.

• Yes. I was an extra in the movie too

• Nope

• Yes but I can't remember which ones

• A movie was filmed at my university last week.

• Off the top of my head I can recall
    Home Alone 2
    The Godfather
    Coming to America (that movie with Eddie Murphy they actually filmed it in my neighborhood LOL but I wasn't born yet when the movie was released)
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    And yeah there's prolly a lot more but I don't remember or watch all of them

What Guys Said 14

• I worked in San Francisco for several years, and in Oakland for several years, and many productions happened right outside my office windows or down the street.

Scenes from The Matrix Reloaded were filmed in Oakland and Alameda, just a couple of blocks from my office, and I often saw the filming during that 10 days or so. I can recognize a few streets, buildings, and overhead freeways in the movie, as I often walked those streets going to lunch.

In San Francisco, there were at least a half-dozen commercials shot right in my area (right near Market and Embarcadero). One day we had several production trucks and two big-rig trailers carrying silver Mazda cars - one of every model. I saw the cars being unloaded as I was walking into the office, and could see them driving around later. Only 2 months later, I was seeing the commercial on TV, with those silver Mazdas driving around the SOMA district and some shots on the Bay Bridge.

Oh, and when I lived on the Central Coast, this commercial was filmed a half-mile from where I lived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGRKB57GbCA

and the movie Arachnophobia was filmed a few miles away in the town where my girlfriend worked (Cambria - called "Canima" in the movie).

Someone I knew ended up with one of those styrofoam Easter Island heads after the commercial was shot. He had it in his backyard for a few months before he finally got rid of it.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OZpmIWcxg

The first two minutes of this was filmed in downtown Oakland in the areas of Broadway and Telegraph, and between 1st and 22nd St. Right about the 2-minute mark, they enter the 7th Street tunnel that connects Oakland to Alameda. Everything after that was shot someplace else or CGI.

• yeah more than a few. i'm from philly area so Rocky, a bunch of those M. Knight Shamalan (sp?) movies (Signs was filmed about 20 minutes from my house), Philadelphia, Fallen, Trading Places, Silver Linings Playbook, The Blob (was filmed about 15minutes from where i grew up), 12 monkeys, Witness

• Deliverance was filmed about 40 miles from where I grew up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

And this scene from Summer Rental was filmed about 2 miles from my office. One of my former employees was a background extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TeduHoBvdo

And Cocoon was filmed about 10 miles from my then apartment.

• Majority of Holywood movies filmed outside of USA, was filmed in my city. Prague. At least in 90's.
    www.expats.cz/.../
    Plus many others like XXX with Vin Diesel, Operation Anthropoid, etc

• The train scene in mr 3000

Also, apparently, an episode of the sopranos, a part of a beautiful mind, a part in the world according to garp, an episode of pretty little liars and Friday night lights

• Yeah, caddyshack is a classic that was filmed in part right down the street from me. As far as the gold course, I use to play there as a kid pretty often.

• Yeah, filming takes place all the time New York City.

• Defiance is filmed here, I think.

• Dawn o fthe Dead the original 1978 that's the mall they filmed at I live 10 minutes away from it.

• The Philadelphia scene in World War Z with Brad Pitt was filmed in my city.

• Yeah there were some movies made in Istanbul.

• Yes but I live in NYC so like 1 in every 6 movies has a scene or two in the city

• They are constantly filming in my city, and a bunch of tv shows are filmed here as well.

• The latest Ghost busters reboot. Although I did not watch it.