Why is it that the black guy in films always seem to be killed off first?

it sure seem that way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol. It's a classic question, and truth, yeah. Though in recent years Hollywood has tried to be better about it in some movies, but for the most part it's just more of the usual prejudice: get rid of the brotha first, we only put him in there just to prove we're not racist and adding some diversity. His job's done now, kill him off. Lol.

What Guys Said 7

• In an analysis of 50 horror movies carried out by a review site, all of which had black characters, 0.1% (5 out of 50) of the time the black character died at all, let alone first.

• What? Where the hell do you find these facts for god sakes! Hahaha

• @ManOnFire Then there should be plenty of proof out there. I've been looking but can't find anything concrete, that's why I'd be interested to see someone post some statistics or evidence. Also, I'd be interested to see if it has changed over the years.

• Cite a source or you're making it up. That's the way this works in real life.

• cause most times it´s just the role put in for political correctness reasons but the director didn´t need the role anyway so they just kills him off first xD

i think the reason is, cause people don´t want to see a character dead, which they identify with so blacks being a minority means the minority can identify with him, so hs´s gotta go.

• To that you could also say that at least be happy a black person is actually in the film, not every race can be a lead role, for every movie and not die

• Racism.

• Hmmm seems so.

• Yep, sounds harsh but it's the truth, almost everyone is racist, the germans were racist, the japanese were racists and americans also were and i'm afraid they still are.

• they are jealous of him

• 0|0
  • multicultural movies seem to pull in less money than pure white people movies. oddly enough.

What Girls Said 2

• Couldve sworn it was pretty white girls. You see most directors are nerdy losers that got rejected in high school by hot girls.

• I'm a writer. My black characters don't die first

• If you think about it, that's also messed up. Let other races like whites for example die first instead? Let them die first but not any of the black characters?

• I have stories where they almost die or try to kill themselves but never actually die