Do you prefer Dubs or Subs when watching foreign movies or Anime?

• Subtitles for me
    65%(17)60%(32)Vote56%(15)
  • Dubbing for me
    15%(4)25%(13)Vote33%(9)
  • Depends on the title im watching
    20%(5)15%(8)Vote11%(3)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• Subtitles... dubbing is sooo much more distracting and takes away from some od the drama for me...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it's always best to watch them in it's original form with subtitles, at least for the first time around. And then if I'm curious and interested enough, I'll look for an official English dubbed version of the same anime to watch.

What Girls Said 8

• Subs. Almost always

• I can watch, or read. I can't do both. If I'm reading, my mind automatically starts forming the images, then it doesn't match what's on the screen, and that just gets confusing... But if you ever want to laugh your ass off, turn on one of the really weird hentai with both dubs and subs activated. One will always be screaming "Oh yes, more, harder!" and the other will always be saying something like "No, stop, don't rape me!" Incidentally, "No" in Japanese sounds a lot like the English word "Yeah". (It's sorta pronounced "e-YAY")

• Subs please. Don't watch a whole lot of anime but when I do, I prefer the original Japanese voice actors. The English ones are sometimes extremely cringy.

• Subtitles all the way! Anime sounds much better with the original dubbing. In movies, the fact that the words don't match the mouth movements really bothers me

• I like watching anime in Japanese and read the subtitles
    So I voted A.

• I prefer subs.

• i like french films with subtitles

• dubbed. I can't read the subtitles that fast.

What Guys Said 12

• For me, it all depends on the VA. the VA will make or break the dub

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• Shoot I'd stick with dubs. Female voice actors in subs seems like they having sex after ever line. Why do have to freakn gasp every time. And the male voices are whinny little boys. And the evil voice actors are cringey as hell.

• Dubs. Mainly because, they put the words of subtitles in the worst places possible. they will have white text against white backgrounds. So it's hard to read, ALSO, if I wanted to read, I would've got a book, not turned on TV! Haha. I wouldn't mind so much, if they dedicated a black background to the subtitles, like when shows are widescreen , and have the black bars at the top and bottom (even though we have wide screen TVs, which is DUMB!) why not put the subtitles in the black bar?

• I tend to hate dubbing because I find the voice actors to be terrible, but I tend to multi-task so subs are pretty impossible.

• Depends on the voice acting and whether I actually have an option as some only give you one or the other.

• Subs all the way. Especially for anime. Dubbing is heresy.

• Dubbing makes everything look and sound goofy in my opinion. I like viewing all things in the native language.

• I would prefer reading to get their actual voiced but the inconvenience of having to look at the words and miss out on the subtle expressions is worse. I guess dubbing

• i never watch anime. but i'll say dub

• I enjoy subbed.. that way I can Learnt Japanese.. so subbed is best I guess!

• Subs because the original performance from the person doing the voice is super important.

• Dub I dont get it why people want to hear that they dont understand makes no sence