Can someone explain why I should keep watching the HBO series Westworld?

I'm like 4 episodes into it. I know it gets rave reviews and all the morning news shows say it's SOOO good! But I don't get it. It's actually kind of boring. Help me understand?

• It's the best thing since sliced bacon and I've explained why below
  • It's worse than bacon bandaides and i've explained why below
  • I have no idea what you are talking about but am craving bacon too. No explanation necessary when it comes to bacon
    Vote C
  • I like tofu bacon. But watch the show with my pet pig I named Yul Brynner
    Vote D

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's fucking dope. The beauty of the show is that everything comes together. There's a reason it doesn't make sense to you throug 4 episodes in a 10 episode season. Its also a show you have to pay attention to with fairly high concept themes of psychology, philosophy, religion (to some extent), ethics, etc. if you're watching it just as a show to enjoy aimlessly, you'll probably disappointed and fairly confused. You should probably watch each episode about 2x and then a rewatch once you see the finale cause it retroactively makes sense

• It also really starts picking up real fast and coming together about episode 6 or 7

• @Puppylove94 lol! I thought the man in the black hat was just a dude who was just trying to take over the park. We knew he was human, but I also wasn't expecting him to be who he was, although I had my suspicions and Reddit kinda ruins everything ๐Ÿ˜‘... stay away from Reddit. Also, the greatest anagram ever for Deloris Abernathy. I have to look it up, though cause it was perfect

• Don't worry op. She didn't spoil anything, really. By the last 2-3 episodes, nearly everything you thought about the show will pretty much be flipped

Most Helpful Girl

• It does get a little slow in the middle so that you can understand all the characters and their development but SOON. Soon EVERYTHING will change. It's amazing.

Also Ramin Djawadi is the guy who did the music for Person of Interest and he does amaaaaaazing tone painting in Westworld. So good.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 17

• I watched the first episode. It was fine I guess but I dunno what to expect of it. What happens in the next episodes? By all means spoil, I just want to know if it's worth it.

• Critics either don't know, or don't care, about entertainment value. But bring on the bacon!

• Have you watched the show?

• @yourmom89

On December 26, ]2009,]after discussions with his family, Meyer revealed his medical scare and announced that he would resign as Florida's head coach due to health and family concerns following his team's New Years Day Sugar Bowl appearance. Meyer stated: "I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family."

On December 27, Meyer announced that he would take an indefinite leave of absence instead of resigning. He was unsure if he would return for the 2010 season but stated that, "I do in my gut believe that will happen."

On March 17, 2010, Meyer returned full-time to his position for the start of the Gators' spring practice and continued in that role into the 2010 season.

On December 8, 2010 [after a 7-5 season], Meyer again announced his retirement from coaching for much the same reasons he mentioned in December 2009: his family and his health.

• On November 22, 2011, Bill Greene of Scout. com reported that Meyer would become the head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Meyer denied the report publicly. Meyer then asked ESPN to be taken off assignment during the weekend of the Ohio Stateโ€“Michigan game, adding more to the speculations that he might be named the next head coach of Ohio State. On November 28, WBNS Columbus, confirmed that Meyer had accepted the job as Ohio State's head football coach, and was introduced as head coach later that night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Meyer

• Nope, haven't watched it. Yet. I get HBO, but I'm rarely home. I'll let you know when I get around to it.

• I have never seen it. But apparently, I love bacon :o

• Well it's based off of a old classic book that was turned into what is now a classic TV show/movie. This is more a modern remake of it.

I personally like it, Especially like that they got the guy who played Hannibal lector to play the main guy in it.

Also Its a show you have to pay attention to with fairly high concept themes of psychology, philosophy, religion (to some extent), ethics, etc. if you're watching it just as a show to enjoy aimlessly, you'll probably disappointed and fairly confused.

It gets more interesting as the story progress especially when the hosts become self aware of what's actually going on, trust me it gets better.

• I'm aware of the shows history and gave a little nod to the original in my poll. I just can't get drawn into this iteration

• I basically skipped through the first episode and went, nope, not for me and never looked back.

• Haha had to vote C Sarah... don't know the series :o
    It's probably never been on TV in Belgium :o

• Its pretty good, i finished the show. The ending is actually kinda clever the way everything ties in but also is a little disappointing (but to be fair what finale isn't)

• Never heard of it. I wasn't at work , I would probably be making some bacon right now..

• I don't know. I don't really watch TV much anymore.

• I didn't really get back into the show after I got back from the hospital.

• I don't know why i love it, but i fucking love it.

• I saw the Yul Brynner version but haven't gotten into this one. But yes to bacon!

• I don't watch, sorry...

• It's a slow burn show, Everything leads up to last shows. I guess, I only watched 2 episodes.

• Because Anthony Hopkins is great and plays a great character.

What part are you on? Did you get to the part where you find out about that guy that is actually...

• 4th episode some guy dressed in black keeps saving a guy with a noose around his head and they teamed up with a chic who has a full body snake tattoo.

• We don't get HBO, so, I don't even know what you're talking about

What Girls Said 12

• Honestly, I never watch this stuff. I watch youtube... try youtube.

• Never heard of this show. If I don't like a show by the third episode, I stop watching it. There are some shows that have terrible first season episodes and is amazing after that maybe this show is one of them.

• I haven't seen it yet but people keep telling me how awesome it is, so I'm gonna give it a chance

• I love it... i got into it around the time yourexwatching it but if you haven't gotten into it by the 5th episode you might as well just stop. The plot gets pretty intense once the robot people start showing actual personalities

• Yul Brynner's version was much more interesting.

• "C" For Could not tell you, dear, but if it makes you Happy, Bring on the Bacon and Bring on the HBO!!
    Thanks for the Kind Invite. xxoo

• I wanna watch it, but I need HBO first hahah

• I started watching that show and I like it because it's a action adventure type of show and it's interesting

• No idea. I've never heard of the show.

• I don't really know what that is.

• I watched first 4 episodes and didn't understand the maze thing and I stopped watching it

• can someone explain it to me? isn't the park human made, how come they dont know about it, or why they let the man in black become closer to the maze?

• Explain it somewhere else. Lol. I don't want the show spoiled just whether I should continue putting time into it or not๐Ÿ˜Š

• lol okay, they can send me a message

• is it about a forest?