I've heard that hollywood is making a movie about the roman legion in england and SOME OF THE ACTORS ARE GOING TO BE SYRIANS HOW SICK IS THAT?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE,
#SMASHCULTURALMARXISM

As @Blondefrog, @cheergirl38139 guessed, I'm a troll and I suck at it and as many people pointed out, Syrians were actually part of the Roman Army
THEY WERE ACTUALLY AT FREAKING HADRIANS WALL, WE HAVE EVIDENCE OF THAT. The Roman Army specifically recruited Syrians BECAUSE OF THEIR SKILLED ARCHERS.
IT'D BE HISTORICALLY INACCURATE IF THEY DIDN'T INCLUDE THEM.
Also this cultural marxism thing people rant about is bullshit,
Cultural Marxism doesn't exist and some idiots just want a return to freaking fascism

Most Helpful Girl

• you act like Syrians are not Humans.
    people like you makes me wanna puke XD XD

Most Helpful Guy

• Wasn't a Roman emperor from Syria? Or at least what's now known as Syria. I believe there were Syrian legions too..

Sponsored

What Girls Said 7

• 1|2
  • Calm down

• take a deep breath. Life will go on.

• Damn.

• whats wrong with that?

• Lol im not English so I do not give a damn

• You should because it would have been a more historically accurate movie than most movies about the roman army

• Sounds ok as syrians were once in Roman legions and roman legionaries were never stationed in the parts of the empire they came from. On the other hand those jobs should go to British citizens if its being made in England just as if they were making a movie in Mexico then Mexicans should be hired.

What Guys Said 11

• The English were not Romans either if we take it to mean strictly Italian for the Western Empire and strictly Greek for the Eastern Empire. This is rich. The vast majority of Western Europeans were not Romans either but merely conquered by them. And when the Western half of the Empire fell, the majority of you were still pagan barbarians living in caves and pillaging one another while the Empire to the East was still alive and kicking until the 15th century.

• The East had a bigger population and was more wealthy (and people looking like modern Syrians would definitely have been present in Britannia) long before the end of the Western Empire Italy, Gaul, Iberia and Britannia were romanized, not tribal. The Germanic tribes weren't exactly living in caves either, they lived pretty much like the Vikings would a few centuries later. Roman peasants and slaves (majority of the population) didn't really have luxuries the Germanic tribes didn't have.

The East was a rump state from the late 11th century on, not really worthy of the term "empire", the 15th century just saw the final blow. At least they outlived their nemesis, the Persian Empire, though so that's something.

• @JohnDoe3000 Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the West was a complete and utter wreck until Charlemagne restored order following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire? I know the East for example never had a 'dark' age, although the term itself is questionable since it came largely from Enlightenment era revisionists who had an agenda.

• @JRICHARDS1996

The West collapsed in the 5th and 6th centuries, but it was Romanized before then. Britannia was overrun by the Saxons (who the Britons had invited themselves because they didn't want to fight the Picts on their own), Italy was wrecked by the war between the Goths and the Eastern Empire, Gaul was invaded by many Germanic tribes but relatively orderly as soon as the Franks established their empire in the 6th century (the empire Charlemagne would later inherit). Iberia was also invaded by Germanic tribes. The East soon (7th century) lost a lot of territory to the Bulgars and Arab Muslims (who also completely conquered the Persian Empire).

• That actually makes sense. The Romans used troops from all over their Empire, including the Middle East, as auxiliary troops in their legions, so it's quite possible that there were Syrians stationed in Roman Britain.

• syrians in movies? my god what next? women drivers?

what's unacceptable is the idea that somehow syrians are all bad people and thus should be disqualified from life.

• Cool?

• Some of the actors are Syrians?

I think you're twisting things. Here.

Are they extras?

• Hollywood is making enough trash already. You think that's the worse?
    How about black Julius Cesar, black Lancelot, black Hannibal, gay Alexander the great, transgender Frederick the Great (that was actually "german" made), black Egyptian kangs, Vikings in leather biker clothing with lesbian and Asian lovers and of course the eternal evil Nazis.
    #SmashCulturalMarxism

• I've stopped watching hollywood movies a long time ago. After game of thrones is finished im going to stop watching tv althogether. Its a waste of time.

• Typing in caps locks only leave your trolling tracks to be more recognizable.

• Wasn't St George from Roman Palestine?

• Yikes.

• who cares?