Who is your favorite YouTube makeup guru?

Most Helpful Guy

• MakeupGeek. She was the first one I ever saw. I credit the whole YouTube makeup guru phenomenon for the huge run up in makeup stocks over the past 5+ years (L'Oreal, Ulta, Sally Beauty -- all up huge). Without her, I would never have discovered the others and realized how much the makeup market was changing.

The question I have is this: when women see a big phenomenon like this, how often do you flip it into an investment decision?

• I'm not going to lie, I'm a little surprised at the responses. No one here watches Michelle Phan or Lisa Eldrige?

• Fascinating, thanks.

I'm still pissed that bebe stopped making the bebe sport line... lol. Was good stuff.

• In terms of risk play -- it's a fast evolving market. Just 10(?) years ago MAC was the only "cool"/"trendy" domestic US brand... and now there are so many, that have gained traction so fast.

Also, I don't think most of the trendier brands are publicly owned (yet)? Like... can you actually buy stock in a brand like UD (which, incidentally, was a side project of the same married couple who founded Cisco Systems)?

... Forgive my ignorance, I know less than nothing about this stuff. Investing is something where my h and I just found a rockstar and pay him a commission to beat the market for us. ahah.

Most Helpful Girl

• Michelle Phan, she is the best for me.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 18

• Not exactly a "beauty" guru but Taylor is by far my favorite YouTuber, she's so pretty & hilarious lmao just watch this video for instance

https://youtu.be/JBIW1RBYoik

• My favorite "make up guru" on YT is Sharon Farrel. Her content isn't really that original (a lot of her looks are kind of similar) but we have the same skin type and her looks are usually really soft and wearable, which I like. Plus, she seems like a lovely person and she's a trained make up artist, which I think is good, compared to a lot of other self-taught people, who can only do a good make up look on themselves and not on others.

• Glam and Gore hands down.

• none of them.. cause they're all similar and most video they post are click bait... same goes for some stupid challenges they do... and their video styles are repetitive

• Sheslulu or brent rock

• It feels like most of these make up channels the girls are just copying each other. Like personalities or what's trending. So I don't really like them I only graveyardgirl. She has her own personality and her channel is 100% makeup either.

• i do not watch make up videos

• My favorite is Freddy My Love. I love how subtle her makeup is, and especially her girly style. It's the style I love the most. If there was one YouTube beauty guru I would take inspiration from it would be her.

• Passion Jonez and Amor Antasia

• Bailey Sarian I really like.

• Kaushal
    How is it possible to be that pretty and sweet? Lmao.

• Dulce Candy or Nikkie Tutorials

• Irishcel507 is my favorite right now. I just love her

• nikkietutorials *_*

• I have one that's not popular and I don't want her to be popular lmaooo I'm selfish xD

But the ones I really like are mannymua and nicolconcillio

• Carlibybel

• sunkissabba

• Panace