Gamers, do you still play any MMOGs?

The hype around MMOGs has gone for quite some time. The times where almost every big western publisher tried to make one to get a piece of the WoW cake are over, now we mostly get Asian ones because MMOGs are still much more popular in Korea and China.

I personally can't really get into them anymore even though I still check most new ones out and many of my friends and ex guildmates have stopped too.

Do you still play any? Why or why not and which ones?

0|0
5|11

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• god no,
    I actually have a no mmo rule

0|2
    0|0
    • how come? dont get me wrong, i love single player games but some of the most fun has come from mmo's.

Just wondering why you actively avoid them :p

• @Death_of_rats
      Because they aren't fun, they are addictive.
      I'll play multiplayer games but anything other than co-op with 4 people or team shooters and I'm gone.
      I realized they were addictive after a runescape session. I quite runescape and all mmos cold turkey

• fair enough. I can relate to that as I've been playing the same mmo for 17 years lol.

I dont see it as a waste of time though. I've made friends with people around the world, and its a nice place to just chill and chat.

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• i played destiny for while, got tired of it...

0|1
    0|0
    • I played it for a couple days after launch and then didn't touch it anymore... wasn't what I expected at all. It has some MMO elements but wouldn't really call it a real one

• yeah, i guess its more of a hybrid made for the console world really, and truthfully i probably spent more time playing live matches than anything else. Never played anything else close to a mmo than that. Games are like crack cocaine to me... i get sucked in and turn into zombie... i never picked up wow because of that. I'd play raid's on Destiny fter launch that would be 4 or 5 hours of straight uninterruptable game play. I liked it... but it gets to me too much.

• I don't play any, I play a RPG though: Dragon Age

0|1
    0|0
  • What do you do in those again?

0|1
    0|0
  • I played WoW, DCUO, and SWTOR, but I no longer play them.

My daughter used to play them too, in addition to DDO, APB:R, Champions Online, GW2, and others... but she is now playing Mount & Blade: Warband, and WoT Blizt.

I used to have an account for Tibia.

0|0
    0|0
    • hmm I have a feeling that you're older than 24 :P

checked most of them out too

• Show All
    • I never said I began playing when the games were released.

• The only games I began playing around the beta were DCUO and SWTOR

What Guys Said 10

• yeah. I've been playing the same mmorpg since 2000, Its called tibia.

its kind of past its prime now though as it used to have 64000+ players everyday but now we only have about 20000 every day.

I like it because its full of mystery with loads of quests to do, and its updated with new content twice a year.

In fact, my friends and i have been trying to solve a certain quest for over a decade now lol. No one has ever solved it.

Damn, just realised I've been playing this game for 17 years come January and I've had a premium account for most of that lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpAaLT_PTCU

1|1
    0|0
  • I never got into any kind of MMO games.

0|1
    0|0
  • I once tried WoW years ago. Played it for 10 minutes and got bored. Haven't played one since.

0|1
    0|0
  • naah, that is very boring to me
    i only play story mode games

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • I played a lot of them like runescape and stuff like that.

0|1
    0|0
    • runescape lol. that game was fun back in the day. You ever played tibia? It was at its prime about the same time runescape was.

• @Death_of_rats no i never played it. I didn't kbew it existed back then.

• I did but World of Warcraft quickly destroyed that.

0|1
    0|0
    • I've never played WOW is it that bad?

• @Death_of_rats It used to be the shit until the following things happened:
      *Trainers became useless. You basically see a trainer once at the beginning of your story and from then on you get abilities automatically free.

*Your Health and your Mana/Rage/Energy/Holy Power etc. regenerate pretty much instantly which throws the need for food, water and potions out the window.

*You're suddenly unable to build your character from multiple talent trees like you used to.

Basically, they decided to really dumb the game down and so I had a big "fuck it" moment when it comes to MMORPGs.

• No, because they are basically all the same. MMOGs need a serious revolution to become popular again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of them that I've tried seem terrible compared to regular games. The only ones I actually like are Star Trek Online, and Star Wars the Old Republic. I don't play them multiplayer, only single player.

0|2
    0|0
    • yeah if you have a focus on story then most will suck

• and they are quite repetitive and grindy in general