Gamers, do you still play any MMOGs?

The hype around MMOGs has gone for quite some time. The times where almost every big western publisher tried to make one to get a piece of the WoW cake are over, now we mostly get Asian ones because MMOGs are still much more popular in Korea and China.

I personally can't really get into them anymore even though I still check most new ones out and many of my friends and ex guildmates have stopped too.

Do you still play any? Why or why not and which ones?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• god no,
    I actually have a no mmo rule

• how come? dont get me wrong, i love single player games but some of the most fun has come from mmo's.

Just wondering why you actively avoid them :p

• @Death_of_rats
      Because they aren't fun, they are addictive.
      I'll play multiplayer games but anything other than co-op with 4 people or team shooters and I'm gone.
      I realized they were addictive after a runescape session. I quite runescape and all mmos cold turkey

• fair enough. I can relate to that as I've been playing the same mmo for 17 years lol.

I dont see it as a waste of time though. I've made friends with people around the world, and its a nice place to just chill and chat.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• i played destiny for while, got tired of it...

• I played it for a couple days after launch and then didn't touch it anymore... wasn't what I expected at all. It has some MMO elements but wouldn't really call it a real one

• yeah, i guess its more of a hybrid made for the console world really, and truthfully i probably spent more time playing live matches than anything else. Never played anything else close to a mmo than that. Games are like crack cocaine to me... i get sucked in and turn into zombie... i never picked up wow because of that. I'd play raid's on Destiny fter launch that would be 4 or 5 hours of straight uninterruptable game play. I liked it... but it gets to me too much.

• I don't play any, I play a RPG though: Dragon Age

• What do you do in those again?

• I played WoW, DCUO, and SWTOR, but I no longer play them.

My daughter used to play them too, in addition to DDO, APB:R, Champions Online, GW2, and others... but she is now playing Mount & Blade: Warband, and WoT Blizt.

I used to have an account for Tibia.

• hmm I have a feeling that you're older than 24 :P

checked most of them out too

• I never said I began playing when the games were released.

• The only games I began playing around the beta were DCUO and SWTOR

What Guys Said 10

• yeah. I've been playing the same mmorpg since 2000, Its called tibia.

its kind of past its prime now though as it used to have 64000+ players everyday but now we only have about 20000 every day.

I like it because its full of mystery with loads of quests to do, and its updated with new content twice a year.

In fact, my friends and i have been trying to solve a certain quest for over a decade now lol. No one has ever solved it.

Damn, just realised I've been playing this game for 17 years come January and I've had a premium account for most of that lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpAaLT_PTCU

• I never got into any kind of MMO games.

• I once tried WoW years ago. Played it for 10 minutes and got bored. Haven't played one since.

• naah, that is very boring to me
    i only play story mode games

• Sometimes

• I played a lot of them like runescape and stuff like that.

• runescape lol. that game was fun back in the day. You ever played tibia? It was at its prime about the same time runescape was.

• @Death_of_rats no i never played it. I didn't kbew it existed back then.

• I did but World of Warcraft quickly destroyed that.

• I've never played WOW is it that bad?

• @Death_of_rats It used to be the shit until the following things happened:
      *Trainers became useless. You basically see a trainer once at the beginning of your story and from then on you get abilities automatically free.

*Your Health and your Mana/Rage/Energy/Holy Power etc. regenerate pretty much instantly which throws the need for food, water and potions out the window.

*You're suddenly unable to build your character from multiple talent trees like you used to.

Basically, they decided to really dumb the game down and so I had a big "fuck it" moment when it comes to MMORPGs.

• No, because they are basically all the same. MMOGs need a serious revolution to become popular again.

• Most of them that I've tried seem terrible compared to regular games. The only ones I actually like are Star Trek Online, and Star Wars the Old Republic. I don't play them multiplayer, only single player.

• yeah if you have a focus on story then most will suck

• and they are quite repetitive and grindy in general