How do you feel about visiting the movie cinema?

How do you personally feel about visiting the movie cinema and the respective experience overall?

*NOTE IM TALKING ABOUT THE TANGIBLE CINEMA NOT ACTUAL FILMS PER SE*

what are you feeling on subjects like

*cost of ticket prices
*allocated seating
*cinema vs. home theatre experience
*people talking in theatre
*snack costs and sizes
* 3d vs 3d
* alternative technologies/mediums

feel free to discuss anything you want

*if you had a particularly bad experience please share*

Most Helpful Guy

• I go all the time. I love it because I can pretend to be social while not having to talk to anybody xD

Not good for first dates, because first dates are about talking to eachother and testing your compatibility. But they are great for follow-up dates because they give you a chance to break the touch barrier casually.

The cost has never bothered me. I consider it pretty cheap. 3D is not worth the extra money though, it gives me a headache anyway.

I never buy anything from the concession stand because:
    A. I don't drink soda.
    B. It's too expensive for snacks.

Going to the theatre is most fun after eating lunch or dinner.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate 3D movies, tried it can't stand them, will avoid it if i can.

I will only go to reserved seating theatres because i can't stand the rude behavior of many of the people that go to the general seating theatres. Most people are great, but it only takes one or two to make it an unpleasant experience. People propping their feet up on the chair back next to your head, constantly kicking the back of your chair, talking, screaming... you name it. For $25 per person i can go to a reserved seating theatre with nice big comfy reclining chairs and free popcorn and you can also get dinner served to your table as well. Typical theatre pricing in my area is $14 so its really not that much more expensive. Id really rather just watch it at home if i can. Amazon if often getting early rental releases nowadays so thats something i do. Snack prices re expensive but hey its the theatre so go with it or just dont buy it. If i go with my guy, we often just get dinner there, the food has been very good and very convenient as you can have dinner while watching your movie.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• It is an expensive outing. Then you sit quietly for 2 hours, you get bombarded with advertisements that you can't "mute," and you get annoyed by other patrons talking to each other, texting on their phones, etc. Some cinemas are much better than others but there are a few locally that I would not visit after dark.

• I really haven't been to the cinema in ages. It becomes less and less necessary these days with big screen 3D TVs and surround sound. My own living room is pretty much my cinema, lol. I would rather wait for a movie to become available to me and watch it in peace without the cost and the annoying people coughing and moving around ^,..,^

• I don't like 3D and the extra costs that come with. Cinemas the world over also always seem to have the thermostat cranked up to 11. But overall I like going to cinemas, it can make movies much more memorable and forces you to concentrate on the movie. It's also nice to go in a group.

• The popcorn makes it all worth it in the end 🍿

• I mean, it's alright. The movie and sound quality is great, so that's a plus. However, one of my pet peeves is when the movie's about to start and I can hear people crunching on their snacks and whispering. Soooo annoying! My hearing has weird mechanics, so I can hear things I don't even want to hear. Also, cinemas make me dizzy.

• I like going out to the movies, but I despise how expensive the food and drinks are!

• I think it's a little over priced depending on the cinema. But if there aren't any annoying douchebags in the cinema i fucking love it. I just love the feeling of being in a dark room, no phone, no distractions, just enjoying the movie.

• I'm fine with it

What Girls Said 5

• I used to love going to the movies when I used to go there. Have not been to the movie theatre in a couple of years because I want to save money. One of my favourite parts is buying pop corn and eating sour cream and onion flavoured pop corn while watching a good film.

• I LOVE IT!! Even tho it's expensive, nothing just beats the feeling
    www.instagram.com/.../

www.instagram.com/.../

• Yeah, it's fine.

• i dont like going to them because i can't bring my own food, there's always someone that's going to yell during a movie, and last time someone spilled a drink on me by accident

• I like the movies