What's with the hate towards Nickelback?

They have some awesome songs... and they're actually good live... so... Why the hate?
(Yeah they don't dance or do anything too fancy... but that's not what music should be about anyways...)
=. o

Constructive comments, please.

Most Helpful Guy

• They sound like a shopping mall manager's idea of what a rock band should be (i. e., bland, boring, family and church-friendly) and every song sounds just like every other song. Plus Kroeger is a complete douche-nozzle as a front-man.

They are to rock bands what a white, upper-middle-class guy would be who tried to be a gangsta-rapper talking about life in the 'hood and how gangsta he was - in other words, a complete poser.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're sort of the epitome of "their older stuff was better". Even people who hate that phrase sometimes can't help but apply it to them. I'm not sure about the whole sell out thing, but I have a few of their songs from back in the day and that's enough. There's no real need to keep all their albums or singles and such, because you have 3 and that's pretty much all you need from them.

What Guys Said 23

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    Hit it on the head

• I think the reason is they've been overplayed on the radio etc. I didn't mind them in the beginning, have several of their songs, was never a huge fan but didn't mind listening to them... now, I can't stand them. If they come on the radio or on my playlist I change the channel/song. Only 1 or 2 songs I will listen to still. And I think it's just because they've been overplayed. I can't figure out why else?

• I think they're a great set up, but it feels like over the years they've become more commercialised with more outside writers doing their songs...

• i dont know why people hate this band, but i really love this band
    you should check out the songs of this band of, "when we stand together" "savin me" "lullaby" "this is how you remind me" "if today was your last day" "hero"

i frickin love this band since many years

• "they don't dance" have you seen a good rock band dance or a good metal band dance live? Not a good argument
    Nickelback isn't bad, i dislike them because they attempted too long to be something they were not. Look at their song This Means War for example : All I saw was a Metallica copy...

• I know... that WAS my point... (about dancing)

Oh, no, haven't seen nor heard that song...
      Yeah, I can understand that reasoning. Thank you for the constructive comment!

• you know, I like a few of their songs ;) my favorite being Something In Your Mouth ;) Fast, powerful and funny ;)

• 1- they're Canadian
    2- they're generic as all get out
    3- their songs are literally all the same
    4- the dudes voice
    5- they're bitchier than a fucking 15 year old teenager

• They suck. Seriously I cannot stand them.

• But why? I need constructive comments...

• Thank you, that's something I can understand.

• I like your ability to discuss and understand :)

• I have always been a fan maybe cuz they are Canadian or Mexican or something not from here hell who knows

• Because I have a mid forties coworker (who thinks he's young and hip) who listens to Nickelback non stop as if it ups his cool factor. Since I generally associate Nickelback with the midlife crisis crowd.

• I have no issues with Nickleback, do I own all their albums? No, but I have no problems with them and enjoy their music. :-)

• They are the modern day winger. Good music but popular to dump on

• I've no clue I grew up a nickel back fan

• If you listened to their first couple of records they weren't even that bad... but they sold out and they are possibly one of th most generic and annoying bands today. They took grunge and hard rock music, and pussyfied it... they are a slap on the face to rock music fans.

• Nah, I like Nickelback. I don't listen to their songs, but they seem like nice people.

• A seriously terrible band. Go listen to some real music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDV3ERyc0k

• Grow a brain, buddy. =)

• No like, seriously, there are plenty of amazing musicians out there, Nickelback isn't one of them. It kills me that people waste their time listening to that.

• Now that rock isn't popular anymore, I'd get excited if a girl told me she listened to nickelback rather than some rap n crap or hop on pop music or whatever its called nowadays

• They're so generic and repetitive.

Having said that, as much as I can't stand them, ripping on them had become redundant as almost everyone does it.

• Don't know, I like a lot of their songs too

• repetitive, sell outs and their style is nothing new.

• They aren't exceptional or original, but they aren't bad. I don't get it either.

• I don't hate nickelback. Have no issues with them or their songs

• what's with all the hate towards the ultimate spiderman cartoon

• I like Nickelback , I really don't care if people like them or not.

What Girls Said 8

• No idea. I like them

• I still like them, and don't understand the hate either.
    I saw them the last time they were in Australia and the only thing that annoyed me was how Chad Kroeger kept carrying on about drinking and alcohol and getting smashed.
    All I could think was "dude, your in Australia and half of your audience probably got pissed in the parking lot so they wouldn't have to pay for beer during your show"

Good concert though

• I liked them when they first came out. And I tried to give a chance but all of their songs sound exactly the same and they bore me. There's like 2 songs I like by them but overall... not a fan.

• Haha, I remember the very first time I heard Nickleback. My older cousin was like "This is a band I want to show you, I really like them." And I saw the video and listened to the song. I didn't think it was bad. Tbh, I dunno why they get sooooo much hate. Are the the best, no. They were really popular for a while, and I think they deserved it, more than people like JB when he first came out.

• I like Nickelback. I grew up listening to them. Maybe people think that they're just generic and they're just good at being just that.

• I like their music - I think people aren't ready for deep emotion unless it is about something simple or more superficial.

• Bruh i love Nickleback

• cause they are soft, uninspiring, and, plainly boring #wannabevibes