Do you think Star Wars episodes 1-3 should be remade?

With a better script, story, characters, actors and directors that would do the films with practical effects etc? And then sort of destroy all of the previous 1-3 copes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, I mean, I don't think they're exactly good but they're fun to watch :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I f*cking love the prequels.

I mean, not as much as IV, V nor VII - VI was my least favorite, if anything (but I still love it).

Also, RIP Carrie Fisher. :(

• I'd have to agree with you partly. Although I don't think Star Wars episodes 1-3 are particularly great, especially when you compare them with the originals, I still very much enjoy them, which is partly for nostalgic value (I was born in 1998 - so I grew up watching them and they have a special place in my heart so-to-speak)

Sad news indeed about Carrie Fisher. At least there's a silver lining in that she completed all of her scenes in Star Wars: Episode VIII, so when we finally see the film, it'll carry more weight, knowing it's the last film that we'll ever see her in.

P. S. I wonder if she was scheduled to be in Star Wars: Episode IX...

• I didn't know all her scenes were complete for Episode VIII, so that's good to hear. Still sad, though.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• NO. Leave the classics and original alone. The classics are a CLASSIC for a good reason. CGI animation is only as good when the story is good. That would mean rewriting the characters, the scripts everything and it will take away the essential elements of what makes STAR WARS. Well, Star Wars. This isn't like anime. And even modern anime is getting crappy. And remakes of most old-time shows and movies are getting crappier just to fit the modern agenda. They did okay with it. I'm not sure about VII as I have never seen it. But even I was a bit leery about that one. It wasn't perfect. But it was decent and it had to fit the story of how Darth Vader came to be and why there was little to no Jedi Masters. Again, not perfect. But I believe most of people's complaints was how the episodes was mainly a love story instead of the action pack feel episodes 4-6 gave.

• Absolutely Yes!
    Because, as a fan, I want them to! If Lucasfilms could CGI replace elements of the orginal trilogy and change the dialog for no reason, then we should continue that (grand?) tradition and fix things we don't like with each release to a new platform.

• Yes I think that they could do it again if they took time to write a story first

• No because you never know if the remake will be better or worse than the original

What Guys Said 30

• Lucas did a number of amazing, wonderful things for the movie business and for Sci-Fi especially. But, he has always been a lousy writer. Francis Ford Coppola, who was the leader of American Zoetrope (the group of directors that were trying to break the Hollywood mold, which included Lucas) re-wrote the original Star Wars script to make it watchable, and he had further help with Empire and Jedi.

The prequels were written by Lucas himself, and he directed them as well (he directed Star Wars, but not Empire or Jedi), and the results are there to be seen. Midichlorians? That derailed the entire franchise right there.

But, what's done is done. It's better to move on and pretend the worst parts didn't exist and enjoy the things that were done right (the pod races were done really well, for example).

• They should leave the old ones alone and either add more storylines or untold plots to them or continuing making new ones. Star wars will always be a big making money making machine.

• I doubt that's going to happen if ever. But you never know. At the moment I think they are only concentrating on the new saga and new trilogy from Episode 7 The Force Awakens and onward although they had released a spin-off this month.

• They have good stories and could have bren much stronger efforts. I think they might deserve another chance, but we should wait a decade or two.

• I personally think they should make movies about the old republic.

• Maybe re edited but lets leave it mostly as it is. It may suck but Georgee Lucas made it.
    Maybe Disney can make the first three prequels in the eyes of someone else like the Musical, "Wicked" which is in the eyes of the Wicked Witch of the West in The "Wizard of Oz"

• No, I think other than a few select moments through out the now 8 movies, Star Wars is incredibly boring and not very well written. The first one ever made is probably the best because it doesn't have a bunch of nerd shit that 95% of people don't have the attention span to care about.

There is no reason they couldn't have made Episodes I-IV a single film other than George Lucas was riding his gravy train as long as possible.

• No, I'd way rather have all the subsequent sequels and prequels UNmade, and then just pass a law against anyone making more Star Wars movies.

Like Chernobyl. Just put it all in a giant concrete sarcophagus. Seal it up.

• No absolutely not leave the stories alone.

• No, but it would be pretty dope considering how significantly better technology is

• I do. I think the Star Wars people are busy now with new movies for the next few years but I was never able to get into 1-3 as I could the first 3 (episodes 4-6)

• Just put the energy into the future movies

• FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• if they're to be remade, only the dialogs should change. the story is awesome and complete. ep2 should have fixed CGI. that's about it for me.

• Fuck it. Just watch Rogue One.

• I wouldn't be at all surprised if this actually ends up happening, given enough time...

• Do you think you should get a punch in the head?

• The script and the story are fine, it's the unfortunate actors who ruined it.

• No it fine

• Yeah and also change some of the male actors in to female ones because its soooooo progressive.

• Nope. We need Episodes 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 to be made.
    Rogue 1 is basically episode 0.5

• 0.5 is The Old Republic series of games. The 2D cartoon Clone Wars is sort of 1.5. The 3D "The Clone Wars" is 2.5. Rogue One is 3.5. We do need a 6.5 though. A lot has happened between RotJ and TFA that Abrams did a terrible job of explaining.

• Nope.

• Never watched any of the Star Wars movies.
    NO interest

• Nah I like them

• I thought they were good. The only thing i didn't like was Jar Jar

• So they could turn them into SJW anti-white propaganda, Too?

• What needs to be remade is the extended universe. :(

• No that is a dumb idea. Sure episode I sucked besides Liam Neeson and the final lightsaber fight, but II was watchable and I actually like III a lot. Like more than Jedi. Besides the new stuff isn't bad but I still think it's only on part with episode I and II.

• No. But I personally think they ruined the franchise with the force awakens. Think of this: Luke Skywalker had to struggle to become a Jedi Knight. He had a poor ability to use the force and it took the majority of the three films for him to be better. Rey instantly understood everything just about. On top of that the Death Star really should stop being a main staple. Rogue one was awesome, however, episode seven could have easily had a better weapon than an upgraded death star. Then, the villain was equally a let down compared to the over hype in the commercials. While Kylo Ren was like an evil Luke Skywalker, he was tremendously overmatched by Rey's instantaneous understanding of the force, it was as if she had trained her whole life and just forgot.

• What if she did?

• @Toad-1 Rey is almost definitly Luke's daughter, which partially explains her affinity with the Force.

• @gotc147 i wouldn't doubt it, but i'd like that covered in one of the future movies at least

• No, I like them the way they are. Especially Episode 2.