What does this mean on Instagram?

What does this mean on Instagram?
Why do some have the gray "following" underneath and others don't?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you just start following the m? maybe it shows only briefly after you do that and then disappears

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because you follow them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why doesn't it say that under all of them then? Someone just followed me and I haven't followed them back yet and it says that under their name as well so that can't be it. Could it just be some glitch?

• Oh true. Probably a glitch

• Yeah, cause now when I go back and check, it's disappearing under some people's names where it was just there. I wonder if it has anything to do with them being online?

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Fuck insta
    Hail GaG 😂 LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it means you're following then

0|0
    0|0
    • Why doesn't it say that under all of them then? Someone just followed me and I haven't followed them back yet and it says that under their name as well so that can't be it. Could it just be some glitch?

• Show All
    • Oh like on the ripoff Snapchat story thing that they started doing?

• Yeah they're copying everybody now. Snapchat with the stories and FB with the live videos.

• that you are following her

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• you follow them

0|0
    0|0

• Good question

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, I feel like everyone just jumps to "you follow them" but that can't be it cause it literally shows in the pic I provided that it doesn't show up on all of them! It might just be a glitch.

• I just checked mine and it comes up just like yours on mine.

• Yeah it's really odd!! I don't get it!