How do you feel about the "Alien" film franchise?

What are your thoughts on the Alien franchise by Ridley Scott?

like or dislike and why?

are you looking forward to the latest movie?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had always been a huge fan of the franchise. You're an Alien fan too? That's great!

I've watched all of them, including Prometheus. Always looking forward to the latest film. Alien and Aliens are the most popular in the fanbase and community. The second film is basically James Cameron's Starship Troopers. The original is one of the all time horror classics. I want to know what else Ridley want to present and tell us about the Xenomorphs, why do they exist, for what purpose, other than simply because the "Engineers" Space Jockey just did it because "they could." trying to understand what was the whole point and what was their motive, because too many questions were left unanswered at the end of Prometheus.

I know Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are the least popular among the fanbase and community although I eventually learned to appreciate the Alien 3. And even less popular such as the crossed-over films with Predator, they were just UGH! and ridiculous to me. AvP on modern day planet Earth, right... such an awful idea to me, and AvP as a movie had so much potential, but it was all wasted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is that the one with Ripley?
    I liked those.

• Same lady that was in the original Ghostbusters movie. The first 2 Alien movies are the only ones that are really worth watching, by Alien 3 it gets dark and tragic, and everything after that was mediocre since the film company wanted to milk the franchise for money. Except for Prometheus, as it's the beginning of a new saga and chapter of Alien movies. What The Phantom Menace is to Star Wars as it's "Episode 1", Prometheus is basically "Alien Episode 1", and this movie, Alien Covenant is essentially "Alien Episode 2".

What Guys Said 11

• I haven't seen any of them yet.

• Alien and Aliens have been amazing. Everything else has been mediocre to bad.

• As bad as Alien 3 was, it was understandable and tolerable, at least to me. I like the message at the end that Dillon was trying to get across about how how those prisoners are going to die eventually and that they have a choice of either to die begging for their lives or die trying to fight and stop the Alien, and it has the whole don't trust big corporations vibe or theme to it or part of it's main idea that it was trying to get across, because in the end it wasn't so much the Xenomorph species that is evil but rather the Weyland-Yutani corporation themselves that had always wanted to attain and control the xenomorph at all costs, even at the expense of so many innocent people's lives. But Alien Resurrection, and everything beyond that really was for trying to milk the franchise and fanbase for more money, especially Alien vs Predator.

• I think its cool. I love these movies the predator ones too.

• They're best when standalone as they are most consistent. When they did put Alien and Predator together in the AvP movie, there are way too many inconsistencies.

If only there will be a new AvP reboot that is consistent with the comics and video games, set in the future, in outer space or another planet, and along with the Colonial Marines.

• I am not a fan of the alien monster attacking humans sci-fi movies.

• Nuke it from orbit!

JK, I loved the first two movies and AvP was entertaining. The new one has a 50/50 chance of being great vs. straight-to-netflix trash.

• I didn't get Prometheus but I loved the previous films and am excited for the newest one

• Not a fan.

• Just not my kind of movies

• Well ill be honest. I didn't really like the films but i LOVED the games.

• the first 2 were good but not masterpieces like many people call them.

• Hm I didn't like the trailer. Looked more like a horror movie with all the bloodshed.

• I mean the first part of the trailer was good. It just got ruined it with all the dumb shit like why would you stick your head into an alien egg and the shower scene... Really?

• I guess Kane wasn't the first idiot that got so curious about an alien species's egg. Just like that idiot that kept harassing and petting the alien snake worm in Prometheus (the "Hammerpede"), he's like Ooh, look what we have here, it looks so cute and cuddly (which we know it's dangeours and deadly, I have to touch this little guy here, and then before you know it, "Curiosity kills the fucking cat".

What Girls Said 2

• Erm no

• i dont like horror so i can't watch the movie but it looks good. looks interesting