PS3 or PS4... what is better?

Gonna buy a new console. Love to play multiplayer games with my friends. Considering console cost, controller cost, game titles and costs, what would you suggest? I'm not an online player. Just love games like Skyrim, GTA5, Fifa, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs and Mortal Kombat X. No COD or Battlefield or anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can get all of the games you mentioned on either console, but they don't make new games for the PS3 anymore. So if you get the PS3 and ever see a new game that you want, you won't be able to play it.

You say you like multiplayer games, yet you are not an online player? So then I assume you play *local* multiplayer? As in, you invite your friends over to your house and play split-screen on the same console?

If that ^^^ is the case, then it depends entirely on whether or not you will be completely content with only the games you've listed.

• Yes I want to set up two consoles. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. Could I play multiplayer games locally on my common WiFi network?

• Will I also need two copies of the same game? Or can I store the gane data on the Hard Drive of one console?

• No, you will have to buy it twice unfortunately.

Most Helpful Girl

• PlayStation 3 because it comes with better games than the PlayStation 4. Fuck performance because games are what truly matter when buying a console. Which is why the ps3 is better in my opinion because it has more of the games that I like to play.

PS3:
    Persona 4 & 5
    Disgaea 3, 4 & D2
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion / Shivering Isles
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, 4 Black Flag & Rogue
    Final Fantasy 10 remastered
    Jak and Daxter Collection
    The Sly Collection
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sure the PS4 has some of those games as well but barely any. Only new games that are just on the PS4 that I would be interested in trying are...

World of Final Fantasy
    Disgaea 5
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

and that's it, only ones I've seen that look interesting and note I dislike shooters. Which is the biggest reason why I don't like that many PS games.

• Sure, people can say about how the PS3 has ended and the PS4 is still getting games. Doesn't matter because at this moment it doesn't have any games that interest me so I wouldn't waste my money on a gamble of it maybe getting more games that I like.

The graphics on a console are meaningless when it barely has any good games on it. Anyone who picks a console just because it looks good but barely has any good games is pretty dumb, and a waste of money.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• I know nothing about games but the games expert on GAG is @Mustachekitteh :D
    Kitteh will you give it your best shot? :D

• Definitely the PS4. The PS3 is pretty much obsolete and pretty soon, developers will stop supporting it altogether.

• Unless you're really low on money and don't care about current games and graphics... definitely PS4, ideally the PS4 Pro

• If cost is most important factor than go for the PS3, otherwise PS4, it has better performance, hardware and graphics.

• I use a desktop... Cause I gave been playing in desktop since I was a kid and there are so many plus point of owning a desktop vs a ps3 or ps4

• Also if you are not a online player then PC is definitely the one for you :-)

Who wants to buy 2500₹ or 4000₹ game? When I can buy 8 games in just 1000 ₹ all latest ;-)

• Xbox One is where it's at! 👍

• PS4!

• sorry dear, I'm more like real life sport person.. not aware of play stations

• ps3 has more games but ps4 will be coming out with much more than it has now along with better graphics

• Both, i still enjoy my ps3 and would want a ps4 soon

• PS4.

• PS4 ofc

• PS4 of course

• PS4 FTW.

• ps4, huge upgrade trust me

• best system is PS4 it will allow u have fun if your not an online player like some of us

• Gaming PC!!! woop! woop!

What Girls Said 2

• I have no reason to get a PS4 yet because they don't have any games I like.

• PS4 is better