Is it okay to not want to watch a show with gay male characters in it?

The show I'm referring to is Yuri!!! On the Ice. I'm sure it's an interesting show especially because I've enjoyed watching shows based on sports before (even if I don't necessarily play them myself). But since I'm straight, seeing males kiss and stuff is eh to me. It's the same reason why I haven't tried a game/visual novel where you play as a girl who can choose from a variety of men to date. It would feel weird picking options that are flirty towards men.

But I'd watch shows based girl and girl relationships, not necessarily for perverted reasons. The only girl on girl relationship that I didn't like was Korra and Asami in Legend of Korra bc that had no build up and was completely random.

Is this okay or will people think of me as a homophobe?

Thank you

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's weird and it doesn't mean you're a homophobe. It's just something that makes you uncomfortable and that's okay.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok. I don't watch that shit either

What Girls Said 2

• yeah it is ok

• yeah, if you don't like it don't watch it

What Guys Said 1

• Dude its yuri. Its designed to be gay.

• I know man but it's gotten so popular and everyone is like you should watch it