Do you dislike certain music or TV genres because you can not relate to them?

I don't watch romance movies mostly because they seem annoying and stupid but also because I couldn't relate to the content anyway.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do.
    Like, I don't like rap, jazz, a lot of Bollywood music because I can't relate to it.
    Same for TV and movies. I don't like movies or shows with too much action and little to no drama.
    Books well I didn't like some young adult genre books I read (The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns and such) because I couldn't relate to the ccontent.
    I also don't like books based on historical events. Not my thing.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 12

• Jazz, country & western, don't even know what the fuck they're all about. As for TV, or even movie, genres I would say romance too, does nothing for me. I feel more engaged by thrillers, horrors, movies with a darker edge. I like the occasional comedy and the occasional pure action movie too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope i dislike it because its visual or verbal diarrhea. But sometimes i get into it years later. One example i never liked friends as a kid or a young teen lol. But i can't stop watching as an adult. I still have annoyance with Rach even though she is hot.

0|0
    0|0
    • Iron Maiden, Frank Zappa, Pantera, Mettalica qualifies too but i love there music these days. I still dislike most country music and opera.

• no not really. i mean i can't relate to action movies and i still enjoy them. i can't relate to heist movies but i enjoy them

for me liking or not liking a movie is entirely about the quality of the movie itself rather than the genre

0|0
    0|0
  • Music, sure. Tv/movies? Not so much. A good movie/tv show is a good movie/tv show. I guess the only exception is horror because they're usually really stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • I dislike horror or science fiction movies.
    I also dislike music shows if the music sounds like "noise"... there must be a melody in there and preferable a singer with a nice voice :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance movies and pretty much all music lately

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah all that rap and r&b stuff... it makes me uncomfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • i have a hard time getting into edm and hip hop. electronic music is hard for me to get into unless its electro rock like nine inch nails or anything else industrial.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • well yeah obviously, who would i watch tv shows that dont even entertain me?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, rap music stinks!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's average

0|0
    0|0