Social Justice warriors: "If your movie isn't diverse then it won't get an award". Is this right IYO?

Social Justice warriors:
"in an incredibly bold move, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts announced last week that, beginning in 2019, works that do not demonstrate inclusivity in their production practices will no longer be eligible for the Outstanding British Film or Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director, or Producer awards at the annual BAFTAs, often considered the U. K. equivalent of the Oscars.* Eligible projects must showcase this in two of the following ways, as the BBC reported: On-screen characters and themes, senior roles and crew, industry training and career progression, and audience access and appeal to underrepresented audiences. BAFTA will also remove the requirement that newly admitted voters be recommended by two existing members.

But that change was nowhere near as radical as BAFTA’s, which directly addresses the bigger and more pressing concern for representation, from acting to directing to executive opportunities, and everything in between. Stating, point blank, that you cannot even think about receiving these accolades from one of film’s most prestigious institutions unless you make an effort to bring in a wider variety of collaborators is to light a much-needed fire under the filmmakers’ butts. It won’t solve every issue overnight—surely somewhere out there there’s a filmmaker, or a funder, who really, truly doesn’t care about awards—but it’s a step in the right direction.

Many people will undoubtedly find this move to be blasphemous, leaning on the tired crutch of “artistic freedom” to label BAFTA as intrusive. "

• Yes
    33%(2)33%(6)Vote33%(4)
  • No
    67%(4)67%(12)Vote67%(8)

Most Helpful Girl

• its dumb.. because real life is always diverse and art should only be recognized if it promotes a specific social agenda

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see a problem? Like there are SO many talented and skilled people out there that this shouldn't even be any kind of challenge at all.

Next time include a link when you blatantly copy and paste.

What Guys Said 8

• Honestly, that's the stupidest shit ever. Now in a Vikings movie we're gonna have black people roaming around the streets, with Asians and some Native Americans too... LMFAO.
    Diversity is just a new word for "less whites". We all know if a movie is mostly non-white, no one will call for diversity. They say the Black Panther movie is 90% black... where's the outrage for diversity? XD

• In German, it would be wikings since w sounds like v... for white Vikings. So it only makes sense that we now have a series called blikings... problem solved 👍

• I hate SJW's, so my opinion probably isn't the one you're looking for, but I think that a movie should be judged on it's content, not the color of it's cast. Frankly, that's pretty fucking racist.

• I really don't care. Funny enough, the 1 thing I find more irritable than sjw's is, ironically, the pussies who always bitch about sjw's... weird, right?

• Ridiculous.

• I have no problem with a movie being "diverse" but to force it to be "diverse" is a problem.

• Sounds kinda dumb

• Yeah

• Who gives a phuck what SJWs think?