Was Carrie Fisher really a "feminist icon"?

I've seen numerous articles calling her a "feminist icon". Did she really call herself a feminist in life, or is this another case of feminists trying to claim someone as their own as soon as they're dead and can no longer speak for themselves? Yes, she always was sassy and opinionated. Does that automatically make her a feminist?

Was Carrie Fisher really a

• Yes, she's a bonafide feminist icon
    33%(4)23%(5)Vote10%(1)
  • No way, that's bantha fodder!
    33%(4)55%(12)Vote80%(8)
  • See results
    34%(4)22%(5)Vote10%(1)
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i honestly believe all women are feminists somewhat if they don't believe it or not. We wanna be treated equall. There's no 'perfect' feminists because we are still learning and finding what's a true equality and everyone is hypocritical some what. But if she believed women should be treated better and equally, i think she was feminist.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• she fucked fans of the starwars series and admitted it she snorted cocaine and shit too. is that feminist? i dont think it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • there are two types of feminists. The ones who are for the true movement and the ones who are retards, you hear about those more than the others

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of despicable people are trying to use her death to their advantage. It's super disrespectful.

0|0
    0|0