Who are the worst fictional parents you can think of?

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Guys Said 20

• I agree with @Ginny_Weasley and @Msxemeister The Dorseys, Wormwoods, and Turners were awful parents. Dorseys and Wormwoods were abusive, but Timmy Turner's parents were more idiotic and oblivious as well as time after time wishing Timmy was never born.

• While I've shelved it in order to focus on Camelorum and Gerosha, I did have Stationery Voyagers in development a few years back.

Pinkella Goldsen's parents gradually abandoned the family faith, and then began having an open marriage. They proceeded to ignore Pinkella constantly, became very greedy, sold their company to a band of satanic space pirates, then sent Pinkella off on a trip to keep her from seeing too much. Only, the company man tried to rape her. She was saved when he got careless on the boat, fell in the water, and was eaten by a shark. Her parents told her to forget the whole thing. They also reminded her that without the company man, she couldn't prove she didn't steal the boat. And they didn't want their "little darling" facing grand theft boat charges. And then, her gay brother and his "lover" murdered her parents and tried to kill her. She faked being dead, then the "lover" betrayed and murdered her brother to complete his coup of the company. Pinkella awoke covered in blood, and became the prime suspect in the murders, though she was eventually cleared of all charges.

Clandish Constos parents ignored him, his mom to bake pies for imaginary customers (she had Vornsid's disease and was delusional), and his father kept fleeing from imaginary bears, due to the same disease. Consto grew up to be a psycho killer.

Neone's birth parents were unable to stop an evil wizard with a vendetta from abducting her from the palace. She was raised in another country by a carpenter that found her in a dumpster, where the evil wizard left her to die. The carpenter was later forced at gunpoint by a sadistic mob boss to sell her into a brothel - but was killed anyway later on for kicks and giggles; right in front of her. She escaped two weeks later, and joined a crew of space envoys to start her life over on another planet.

I don't usually document parental abuse. But I have plenty of examples in my writings of some pretty bad parental negligence screwing characters over.

• Damn Pinkella's parents sound awful!

• I modeled them after the Petrelli elders from season 3 of Heroes. Bubblespeck Gum is named after Primatech. Sprucethirst, after Pinehearst.

Likewise, Consto (the first Cybomec) was modeled after Sylar. Pinkella and Neone both are brutal subversions of Disney Princess tropes. Viola is social commentary on Detroit culture, as she violates "the code" of her "peeps" by running away to find a job elsewhere and better herself, rather than expect some big man to fix everything for her and her family while they do nothing.

Marlack is a way of trying to squeeze Bonanza into the mix somehow.

Think of it as an extremely dark version of VeggieTales... with pens rather than produce.

• Oh that's cool. Yeah Peter and Nathan's father was terrible

• legacy.shadowlordinc.com/.../...arents_Intro07.jpg

They're terrible and inconsistent!

• Al and Peg Bundy

• The worst dad - Peter Griffin
    The worst mom - Peggy Bundy

• Erza's parents only abandoned her. They did not even do anything to her so I don't think she deserves to be on this list.

• Her dad tried to kill her while she was in the womb and her mom threw her in the trash right after she was born

• Yeah but Erza never knew of that. I'm of the opinion that parents who mistreated a child that is conscious and sentient are the worst.

• All the parents of planet vegeta since they send their babies to different planets too destroy them when they get older with no one to take care of them lol dragon ball z

• Hmmm, Frank Gallagher from shameless is/was a HORRIBLE parent. Darth Vader wasn't that good of a good parent either... King Lannister from Game of Thrones was a terrible father, to Tyrian at least.

• Timmy Turner's parents

• I am trying hard to come up with someone who isn't already mentioned.

• Aunt sponge and AUNTIE Spider from James and the giant peach

• Gaara's father in Naruto

• Gendo Ikari and Ragyo Kiryuin.

• what Jman46241 said !!

• The parents in the Professional. Especially the dad who ended up getting his whole family killed

• Am I a fictional parent?

• Orochimaru. https://tse2-mm. cn. bing. net/th? id=OIP. Md954b0ae9ff72b9a9ac71696b5546209o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=207&h=156 Yuck

• liberals, worst parents ever

What Girls Said 19

• The parents on Home Alone who had so many kids that they always forgot one

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...682a7bdd9e.jpg

Those idiots on Family Guy and the Simpsons

• Matilda's parents

• The Dursleys and Matilda's parents.

• Peter and Lois Griffin, Matilda's parents, Timmy Turner's parents and the Dursley parents.

• Lusamine from the new Pokémon game Sun and Moon.
    static.zerochan.net/Lusamine.full.2037242.jpg

• Matilda's parents (ROALD DAHL)

• Harry Potters step parents... Awful!

• Leonard Snart's dad.

• Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy

• Cinderella's step mother

• I know a lot of bad real ones lol. Mine and those of some of my friends.

• Mallory Archer - Worst mom

Mikael form Originals - Worst dad

• Kazuya Mishima deffo has a shitty dad no doubt.

• Oh yes! The new game is actually going to reveal his reasons for being such a dick. I hope it's somthing good

• Ooh I love tekken so I'm totally gonna get it

• Parents of Mathilda in the movie Leon

• Kayo from erased. Mom punched her till she was bloody and locked her in the snow she's nine

• Michelle and Barack Obama

• #2 sad

• Ash's mom from Pokémon because she let her 10 year old son be homeless to become a Pokémon master so ash has to live on his own at 10 years old 😟😟

• Snow White's stepmother is pretty bad...

• But for real parents the first I thought about was Family guy. They're not the worst I'm sure (I just can't think of any others right now) but they are bad parents to Meg.

• Family guy is not a documentary. Not real parents. Lol.