Am I really the only one who doesn't care about game of thrones?

It's SO boring to me. I prefer real fantasy like Lord of the rings, harry potter, and other stuff like that. Politics bore the hell out of me. Anyone else like this?

• I don't like the show.
  • I like the show.

716

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, cause it's not just good vs evil BS. It makes bad guys sympathetic figures and good people make immoral decisions. And its plot advances regardless of its characters. The thing I hate most about a bunch of shows is that, although I'm on the edge of my butt as to how the protagonist gets out of it, I know he/she is going to win 99/100 and live. It's just a matter of how

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never seen the show.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• Never watched it, don't care either!

• I'm going to have to go hard on this one.
    ASOIAF is real fantasy, whether you like it or not. I have read The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion, along with the current ASOIAF books. They are all fantasy. Just different authors, writing styles, philosophies, etc.

• Yeah but game of thrones is so boring and political, and talking, and just blah. There's no... fight. Hero's banding together, friendship. There's no emotion in it for me. Just talking, talking, talking. Not a real fantasy in my eyes. Star wars is more fantasy than Game of thrones to me.

• @thebeck lord of the rings literally spent 2 books of frodo and Sam literally just wandering around 😂. I love lotr, but let's be real

• image.prntscr.com/.../...54dd2a6f0bba8d0ead6c1.png
      ^my point

I think we have different ideas of what constitutes a fantasy book ;-;

• How can you say that? I love politics in fantasy settings! The part of Brisingr where the dwarves were choosing a new king was like the best part of the book!

• GOT is for people who are already bored of the same plot that appears in LOTR and movies like that. Great good vs great evil etc etc.

• Would be reeaaaaaaal rare if you were the only one on the planet

• The fact that common fantasy tropes are fucked with is what makes GoT so awesome in the first place. Don't know what you're talkin about.

• The first season of GoT is a little boring, because it's mostly politics. But once you get into it, you get into it.

• never cared about it to begin with. I have the first season on DVD but haven't even watched it

• I quite like game of thrones I have read the books and watched he show but if you don't like it then fair play

Watch what you wanna really as long as you are happy with it

• I never watched it

• I've never even seen it so the answer to your question is no

• I like politics, but I Know How you feel. It's like mesmo being the only one that dislikes star wars

• yes you are

• I like the show.

• all of those have politics, the world IS politics

What Girls Said 6

• Game of Thrones is the most boring shit ever. All fantasy is boring tbh.

• i don't watch it too , just watched the first episode n didn't like it

• I'm sure you're not the only one...

• Nvr watched it

• never watched it, not interested

• You are not alone!! Hate it. Boring as fuck.