Girls, Can a person learn to be funny?

So I'm really bad at jokes and I want to know if anyone has any ideas on how I can get funny?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, but it depends on what kind of humour you want to present? Some people are funny because they're good story-tellers and can describe interesting and funny scenarios or stories, some people are witty and can deliver a smart joke, or some people just have a naturally humour quality about them and make people laugh effortlessly. But you can certainly learn to deliver jokes in a humorous way with good execution and an intellectual, yet amusing concept.

• Thankyou so much. I'm just not a funny person and I never have been, I laugh with people and certainly find things funny. I'm not really a serious person but I am quiet and prefer to laugh along with people. Maybe if I watch lots of comedies and practice I can get funny.

• Well, I think it would be more productive to accept who you are and that characteristic about yourself rather than try to become funnier due to some else's expectations or to "fit in". Some people are just funnier people, just like some people are more charming, but if you don't accept who you are then why should anyone else. Just be sure you pursue something for a genuine reason, not just to be like other "funnier" people.

What Girls Said 2

• Sarcasm maybe

• that is my current humour.

• boring come on your Irish give me a joke or something.

• sure , it's possible