WHEN THE HELL DID BATTLEFIELD GET GOOD?

Battlefield one is actually pretty good.

like when did a battlefield game get good.
Too bad COD still sucks complete ass

Most Helpful Girl

• I see a lot of people actually like battlefield a little more bc they say it's more realistic bc of bullet drop and stuff like that

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh man, I've been playing every battlefield since BF2. (2005). By far my favourite game series.

• Battlefield 2 did kick ass
      I'm refering to the mms thing that started with cod,
      WW1 as a game was the best idea ever

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• I heard a new COD is coming out this year and the setting of it might be in Vietnam.
    gamerant.com/call-of-duty-vietnam-rumor-241/

• If that's the case, it's clear they're scared of Battlefield. CoD has had the FPS throne for too many years... among the players, given how they sell the best, even though other FPS are better games. But this year Battlefield got a much better response and higher sales (still below CoD though), so I think Activision has realized they need a change like Battlefield.
      This is good though, hopefully it'll force CoD developers to release a high quality game, though I don't know if the type of players they have will be ok with a slower paced game, and less arcade like the current CoDs.

What Guys Said 19

• Battlefield was born good, 1942 needs a remake. I spent too much time on BTF 3

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• Don't waste your money on BF1943 (console only remake of a few of the Pacific maps) expecting a remake. It is a travesty and insult to associate it with BF1942.

• Battlefield excluding hardline has always been good. Bad company 2 is probably the most fun i've ever had in a FPS.

• BF3 was great too. 4 and Hardline was a step back, but 1 changed things completely. They fact they chose WW1 instead of staying in current warfare or do something shitty like Hardline, is what made it so good, in my opinion.

• I can't really get into FPS.. Although I did start playing overwatch with my friend. That's more strategy though. Games like COD are boring as fuck because it's 90% based on reflex. I like to think and use strategy. Battlefield has always been alright for me.

• You’ve got it backwards, dude. The real question is: when did Battlefield become shit? TL;DR: boyfriend became so obsessed with trying to beat CoD at its own game that it became like CoD and lost the fun stuff that made it unique and beloved.

BF1942 was AMAZING. You could do anything. You could be an infantryman, tank commander, pilot, submarine captain, destroyer captain… hell, you could control the aircraft carriers and battleships. This meant hilarity as people beached the carrier on Midway Island to put an easy spawn for their team near the enemy base, flew low over the water to let a drowning friend board their plane’s empty tailgunner seat, riding the wings of B17s for an airborne assault, putting remote bombs on parked enemy vehicles…

The mod scene was something else, too. You had Vietnam mods (Eve of Destruction), a Desert Storm mod (called Desert Combat), a Mad Max-style post apocalyptic mod (Wasteland 2042), a Scandinavia modern war mod (Silent Heroes) and the crowning glory, a hugely detailed and greatly expanded WW2 setting, Forgotten Hope. All this made the glorified expansion pack-sequel Battlefield: Vietnam somewhat redundant, but it scored highly from game journalists and other idiots who were distracted by the fact it had some period rock music in it.

BF2 gave a huge expansion in all directions and modern warfare in the warzones of the day (the Middle East). BF2142 took us two centuries into the future from the original and is beloved today, with hover bikes, stompy robots and the giant flying mothership.

Bad Company and Bad Company 2 were superb, focused games with a funny singleplayer mode and a tight multiplayer mode. This is where the rot began to appear, which I’ll get to in a second.

Bad Company was essentially boyfriend Lite. The real deal was to come in BF3, and this is where you see the problem. They took the CoD style weapon modding, classes and unlocks from BC2 and turned it all the way up. No longer was boyfriend a combined arms game, there was now much more emphasis on vehicles. Hell, even the vehicles had mods and customization. It was idiotic. You were given an F/A-18 with no countermeasures and only the cannon, and the only way to unlock the countermeasures essential to survive against infantry and other aircraft armed with IR seeking missiles was to somehow get some kills to ‘level up’ the plane and unlock the ability to fit them.

• t was all about infantry from this point onwards, with annoying abilities, annoying weapons, the ridiculous ‘spotting’ system, insta-kill knife attacks and other BS intended expressly to appeal to COD kiddies. The game itself had heavily overdue visuals with constant ‘digital’ distortion effects, smoke and debris and everything being washed out and muddy.

BF4 is more of the same, cynically announced not even halfway through BF4’s life cycle (I recall they announced the second DLC and boyfriend Premium along with invitations to the BF4 closed beta). I won’t even go into Hardline, which was the boyfriend game nobody wanted and nobody bought. Why would you when GTA Online exists?

So now we have Battlefield 1, and it’s a silly, hopelessly inaccurate misinterpretation of the First World War. Every soldier is equipped with prototype automatic weapons, tanks are fast and agile, and France isn’t even in the game (yet… they’re coming in a DLC pack).

• again, its not verdun, its not supposed to be realistic

• It's barely a First World War game either. They didn't have the stones to do justice to the subject matter and should have just done a WW2 game again so they could really cater to the dumbed-down COD idiot child demographic they've abandoned the Battlefields of yore in favour of.

• I started with Bad Company 2 and never looked back. Battlefield has always been good, it's just people don't have time to sit down and play a realistic 20-30 minute game. They've always preferred quick 5 minute matches. It took a really crappy CoD for people to open their eyes.

• 2002, already with the first title. Battlefield 1942 was fucking amazing for that time.
    Battlefield 2 was great too
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 also great
    Battlefield 3 pretty good too. Battlefield 4 was a mess at launch but after they fixed there shit... great

And most of the ones I haven't listed were still quite decent. Sure, the singleplayer sucks on almost all of them but Battlefield started as multiplayer game and it's always what it has been bought for.

Actually the first titles were better in my opinion than the most recent ones... you have to live on the moon to only realize with BF1 that it's good lol. Unless you're a single player guy... but in that case BF1 still sucks lmao

• Probably recently when Battlefield 1 came out. It's possible that Call of Duty can be good if they make another WWII game or if the rumors of another Vietnam war Call of duty are true.

• Battlefield 2 was really good for the time. Then it became complete shit. I haven't played Battlefield 1 because they lost my loyalty a long time ago and will never get it back.

• WHEN YOU STARTED USING CAPLOCKS!

• When farcry 4 and primeval sucked.

• Battlefield was better than cod years ago it's just people didn't realise

• "Too bad COD still sucks complete ass"

You're implying that it was good at some point?

• BF1 is good AF, I bought that game 1 month ago and its already 200 hours for me ;D and I'll buy its premium version after 1 month.

• Battlefield Vietnam was really fun

• I really liked bf3 the others not so much. haven't played boyfriend one, but I heard its next level fps and stuff.

• Battlefield Bad Company was good, so always.

• Dude battle field one was brilliant in all manners

• pfff... I don't have time for that game.
    Takes too long to complete a match!!! lol.