How do the smurfs reproduce?

The smurf village contains only male smurfs and the only female smurf is Smurfette who's made by Gargamel and were artificial. The smurfs existed long time before Smurfette's existence. I'm curious at your theory to this paradox.

My theories.
1. Hermaphrodite reproducing. They all can fertilize each other and being fertilized. It's a possibility they makes eggs and aren't mammals. (I borrowed this theory from others)

2. Genders are separated
Either the genders lives separated due strict traditional rules (and have only mating visits) or they lives in difference villages due work. Perhaps it's something similar to the oil platform where the workers lives at their working place a while before they goes home. The women and children lives in one village, but the men lives in another one because of work. But the women aren't mentioned in the story because they are so far away and aren't so important for the plot.

3. Fashion.
A smurfs definition at gender are what they wears, not which anatomy they have. Perhaps every smurfs who wears pants are boys, but they who sports long hair and a dress is girls.

4. Mutation.
Maybe a mutation affected their brains with a accident, so every smurfs do identify themselves with the masculine gender. But there are still two different anatomies.
How do the smurfs reproduce?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Asexual reproduction from binary fission (Yes! They are that small!), or budding/tubers (see below). Those are my ideas, anyway.
    image.prntscr.com/.../...94dbc848fc164507d883a.png

0|1
    0|0
    • After a bit more research, I found this:
      No Reproduction: Homunculus

"Lastly, we must consider and alternative theory. It is entirely possible that Smurfs are not able to reproduce at all. A lot of evidence such as their peculiar alchemical properties, their all male appearance, and the fact that Gargamel was able to produce faux Smurfs with relative ease suggests that they are actually an artificially created species. The Smurfs may actually be a breed of rogue Homunculi that was created by Alchemists to aid in transmutation studies, but somehow escaped into the wild and established their own society...

• ... If this is the case, they likely have no genitals and are probably unable to reproduce since most known examples of Homunculi are sterile and asexual. It is however possible they are able to replenish their numbers via magical means. For example, Papa Smurf seemed to be able to correct Gargamels flawed design of Smufette. This suggests that he has at least functional knowledge of the magic involved in Smurf creation. It is entirely possible he would be capable of making new smurfs from scratch.

Of course it would help for us to know how exactly did Gargamel create his experimental female smurf. Unfortunately no detailed notes of that experiment have survived, and as far as we know he was unable to examine his specimen after it was transformed in the Smurf village."

• Thank you :)

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• pretty sure it is just magic

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they were created in a lab by papa smurf...

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure it's magic.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Maybe it's like frogs, where they can reproduce by themselves. I think some can even change their gender on command, so maybe the Smurfs can do that too

0|1
    0|0
  • You asked this question in the right moment! Don't lose your chance and buy the brand new, recent released book: "Smurfs Reproduction for Dummies" and win two smurfs for free to create a lovely smurf family! It's just $20 and for limited time!!

PS: This is meant to be read as if it's a TV advertisement :D

0|0
    0|0
  • The same way a mushroom reproduces.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fictionally, as needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are magical. Big papa smurf is friends with a wizard and gargamel is also. Its abput magic man.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're magical creatures. Gargamel created the only female smurf.

0|0
    0|0
  • very small d*ck sex

0|0
    0|0