Why do celebrities pose topless?

I'm not saying it's wrong to do that. I'm genuinely curious.

I assume that even if they are paid a lot for it, it probably doesn't even compare to the amount of money they can make if they do a movie.

I don't mean topless as in they just randomly take a picure of their boobs.

You know hyou have those artsy photographers that take pictures, one of those kinds of pics
Also is it just me or are nude photos somehow not sexy? I almost find women dressed in scantily clothes who pose seductively are probably sexier because there's a fantasy of that woman whereas the topless photos don't really have that fantasy element

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they are worthless sellouts usually

Most Helpful Girl

• publicity no matter how bad it is or how immoral it is, still a publicity media. and people in social media will talk about it, for example KARDASHIANS

• I don't mean topless as in they just randomly take a picure of their boobs.

• oh ok hahahaha

• I answered the pornography in movies in a different comment...

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• They can make a lot of money really quick and easily. Plus it gets there name out there

• Cause it's sexy

• But they won't pose naked in a movie so of course they have resevations about being naked.

Why do that for a photo

• ... how is photogrpahy different from cinematogrpahy

• A photo is 2D, and you only see one or two people staring, and usually don't last long. But in a movie, get ready to re-do the take about 50 times or so, spanned on multiple days or even weeks, and with a lot more people watching you from different angles. You literally start to "feel" their stares.

• because of money

• money, of course. and knowing that millions of guys want to fuck them.

• Because they want attention or they want to show off their boobs before they start to sag.

• No a lot of the topless photos they're covered, like they'll have a piece of cloth on their boobs and their arms covering it or something like that. Or their arms will cover their boobs

• That doesn't count as topless. You asked about topless, not covering their boobs.

• I don't know, lack of respect for themselves? Overinflated ego?

• For attention and hype

• Sex sells

• True, but the money they make fromt hat photo is probably not that much

• well, yeah, if they're hacked

ahem, dnc, russia, ahem

• google "topless" or "nude" and the name of the person. And it's not about money, it's about appearing on the news, being talked about, purely advertising.

• Media attention.

• On update, easy money. They don't have to audition nor does it take nearly as much time.

• Last update: women feel that way (find clothes sexier), most guys don't. We want to see naked. Clothes ruin it for us.

• same reason girls try to do it on here

What Girls Said 1

• To try to be/stay relevant

• But they could do a lot of things to stay relevant, why topless pictures?

A lot of the times these pictures ar enot even seen by everyone because people may not be familiar with the photographer

• for hype. Purely, for advertising.