Are radio morning shows as fake and scripted as television is? Or do real people actually call in with somewhat true stories?

For example, I have noticed on things like 'War of the Roses' etc. the person they are looking for never fails to answer the phone, and never hangs up on them. What are the chances of that? Is it all pre-recorded? Or worse, scripted?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's assumed that those types of things are fake. Prank calls are certainly fake as it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. which obviously ruins the bit for them. If you recall that show Crank Yankers, they all had to fly to Nevada because it was the only place where you actually could record them and not tell them.
    I believe there is a service for radio shows for bits and what not.

That isn't to say all things heard on the radio are fake, but if it comes from the more hokey type shows, I wouldn't believe it.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• you can pretty much assume everything you see through electronic media is scripted. It can still be entertaining, but I wouldn't build your life around it or something..

• You mean the ones where they ask people a question or want them to debate about something and when they call have them on-radio for all to hear? Could be both... I mean, if nobody calls, they have to have people on the site call, so they get content, or people from different zones who still work for that radio (as in: you're part of a different show, or even a different radio or TV owned by the same company, and you'd have to call some radio or TV station, free of charge (using the company's systems), for those to have content.

• it's real.

What Girls Said 0